Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: The Weakest Link '09: League of Earth

nathrakh Guest

I'll play after 17 minutes.

8000: start, check inventory and pack, almost immedietly across a kobold and start milking it for arrows.
    as I try to lure him to a bigger room I'm blocked by flesh golem, no problem. I melee him to death gaining level 5 in unarmed fighting.
    I milk the kobold for couple hundred turns gaining a lot of arrows. After that I kill it and chaos brother and encounter ratling archer. I start milking it for quarrels. :P After 200-300 turns of milking I kill it and continue.
    ~8500: encounter with fire lizard, wear girdle and berserk it to death in 1 turn.
    8570: kill ogre, encounter with a kobold. start milking it for arrows.. :P
    8770: encounter with fire vortex, can't kill it so have to let it explode. no stuff is burned and we have fire resistance.
    8787: descend to I8, there's another ratling archer in the room, milk it and kill it. it drops light crossbow :P immedietly after I encounter a kobold... and I milk it for 10 or so arrows :P
    9186: found a blanket!
    9446: found a cooking set. picked it up JUST for Gray <3.
    9556: splendid necklace
    9737: ratling archer started milking, got interrupted by orc chieftain, killed both.

other stuff I forgot to mention earlier: found glowing ring and 10s gauntlets.
    Last edited by nathrakh; 05-11-2009 at 02:30 PM.

Char is looking nicely stronger. Boring play really helps

Not happy about the bloody cooking set though
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

So here's how things went:

10007. Descended to I9
    10008. +1 St. We're at 16 now, so I'll keep the girdle on until I can get to Strained!
    10034. Swapped our [0,0] cap for a [0,1] cap.
    10067, Killed master swordsman, advance to level 10. +alertness, +archery,+athletics
    10109. Hear distant wind.
    10111. See hostile ice vortex.
    10139. Killed vortex in convenient dark room.
    10140. Dropped some extra weapons so we aren't burdened with girdle anymore
    10245. Spotted hostile ogre magus... lovely. Closed a door on him and ran away
    10326. Killed werewolf, doppleganger, and associated wolves.
    10583. Did some cooking and wandered the level while healing.
    10829. Ogre magus room is now apparently full of white worms. Unarmed is now level6
    11000. Killed ogre magus and assorted monsters.
    11056. Paralysed by carrion crawler. Recovered without taking too much damage.
    11100-11800. Wandered the level killing random mobs. Nothing too exciting. Managed to collect enough gear to be Strained! without girdle, but we're now strained or burdened with it, so need to drop food to fight again.
    11959. Abused by a troll while resting and training strength. Needing two turns to get into fighting shape is very inconvenient. Got hit pretty hard a couple times, and needed to regroup with 6/72.
    12000. Killed the troll with a rock. Rested the rest of the turn. I think we're about 9/72

Summary:

We're now on I9, standing on the stairs.
    We are now level 10.
    Our strength is now 16.
    Unarmed is now 6.
    We have enough gear to get to Strained! so we can continue to train strength. This is a bit annoying, however, because you need to equip the girdle AND drop some gear to get unburdened.
    As a corollary to that, we are carrying a lot of junk. I believe there is a small pile of food to the northeast of us as well.
    Our health is currently 9/72. Sorry about that.
    Last edited by JellySlayer; 05-12-2009 at 12:36 AM.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Hi, real sorry about this. Finals coming up and I have literally zero time right now so I'm forced to give up here. Didn't think timing through straight, sorry.

(On the other hand you have one less competitor now)

Shame you can't compete. Best of luck in your finals though!
    Platinum Edition ADOMer

C'mon Ars, I'm impatient! :P
    Platinum Edition ADOMer

You mean you're still alive in this tournament?
    Wow, that's really surprising! Good for you
    Grey : )
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

I'll do my trun now.

Start by standing on the stairs for St training. When master swordsman comes up I descend... And fall down the stairs. Not lethally though.

I equip gauntlets, which are cursed gauntlets (-1, +0) [+0, +1]. Switch boots to another iron boots, which are iron boots [-1, +2]. Drop stuff to get unburdened.

Wait for ~500 turns to heal. Find downstairs very quickly after moving on, but stay on the level still. Eat ogre corpse, no St increase, instead takes me bloated.

At 1000 turns the level is searched, I descend.

On I11 I get levelup, points put to alertness and food pres.

Distant wind heard, at 13300 turns I find downstairs with fire vortex and lizard man in there. I back off, close door.

I wander around the level, killing mobs... Then a lightning vortex with speed 131 appears next to me from behind a corner. I try a wand on it, which turns out to be digging. The vortex explodes, takes 50 hp but I'm still alive. I wait for hp to recover and cook some corpses. We're swimming in food, I left a lot behind to stay unburdened. I kill some mobs, and cook some more. The fire vortex runs to me while I cook, but doesn't kill me. Cooking takes me 4 turns over the limit.

http://ancardia.ath.cx/adom_users/league1/ars.vlg

Should we consider eating that claw bug corpse we're carrying? +1 Dex and maybe a bit of speed as well isn't a terrible exchange for -2 Wi.

Looking at inventory, it also looks likely that we have 3x scrolls of identify and 3x scrolls of uncursing. It may be worth testing so we can identify the rest of our scrolls or maybe our potions (2x booze and healing is my guess). If we're lucky enough to have a scroll of darkness or teleport in our pack, it could be a real lifesaver down the road.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.