Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: The Weakest Link '09: League of Earth

16856-17001: Ran through newly spawned I12. Didn't kill anything or pick anything up. Descend to I13.
    I can vouch this, I was spectating at the time and on IRC.

Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer View Post
    16856: Accidentally ascended to I11. Stairs were next to each other and I wasn't paying attention. @#$%. I decided to descend right away and bee-line for I13. If I get disqualified, so be it. Sorry.
    Haha! I was just saying yesterday on the Fire thread about what we should do if someone was dumb enough to make this mistake... Very silly, JellySlayer, you should know the difference between the < and > keys on your keyboard at least :P Still, since I don't think you've profited I doubt there's any grounds for major punishment. I'll leave this up to Silfir or F50 to decide. Can you or Covenant give a little more detail about the other I12 you had to zip through? How far apart were the stairs? Any monsters/items in the way?

Surprised you had such trouble with the wolves and dark elven warrior by the way. I know I left us on half health, but that was because I spent over 100 turns surrounded by them. It should have been quite possible to get out without major injury. Dark elf should have succummed fairly easily to rocks too. Ah well, good job on surviving at least
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

luckily i am not involved in managing this situation. Already famous for DQ yells...

Besides fodd preervation has two breakpoints 60 and 90. [double and triple]
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

Just wait till we get to the semis, Soirana! I'll DQ your ass faster than a flu pandemic :P
    Platinum Edition ADOMer

Can you or Covenant give a little more detail about the other I12 you had to zip through? How far apart were the stairs? Any monsters/items in the way?
    Well, I can.

The stairs were relatively far apart, about half the level width-wise? There were a few minor enemies on the way, I don't believe any of them caused any damage, and only one had to be dispatched (goblin of some kind?) due to a wrong turn and then being trapped in the corridor. I don't think there were any items on the ground - if so, Jelly did not pick them up.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Haha! I was just saying yesterday on the Fire thread about what we should do if someone was dumb enough to make this mistake... Very silly, JellySlayer, you should know the difference between the < and > keys on your keyboard at least :P Still, since I don't think you've profited I doubt there's any grounds for major punishment. I'll leave this up to Silfir or F50 to decide. Can you or Covenant give a little more detail about the other I12 you had to zip through? How far apart were the stairs? Any monsters/items in the way?
    I didn't take a screenshot of the level, but it was fortunately rather straightforward. Roughly speaking, I started on the far left side of the level. I proceed southward, there was a dead end room that I searched first on the bottom side of the level, and the stairs ended up being a little to the right of dead center. I'd say I probably explored about a third of it before finding the stairs. The only monsters I ran into were a gnoll chieftain and a dark orc, both of which I ran away from. The gnoll I think I had to hit once or twice at some point, but he ran away. I'm not sure what I would have done if the level had been more complicated. I don't remember if there were any items on the ground that I passed. I decided in advance that I wouldn't pick anything up, and would only kill if I absolutely had to, which is pretty much how it turned out.

For the rest of it, well, yes, it was very, very stupid. My attention was focussed on using :s to try to get the stupid ankheg close enough to the stairs to drag him with me. The fact that they were the wrong stairs...

Surprised you had such trouble with the wolves and dark elven warrior by the way. I know I left us on half health, but that was because I spent over 100 turns surrounded by them. It should have been quite possible to get out without major injury. Dark elf should have succummed fairly easily to rocks too. Ah well, good job on surviving at least
    Maybe it was a tactics issue? I put myself on Aggressive to start, and then tried Defensive after taking a hit or two, but even with that they hit me a couple times more. As far as the elf was concerned, I never was able to put any distance between myself and the dark elf to start with. He was in the same room as the wolves, so when I made my way back to that room, I was fighting from the doorway. Killed 4-5 wolves in melee and then he was next in the line. I was very surprised by how much trouble he caused. If it was a lord, that might have been one thing. I think he did panic and go berserk at one point, so that may have contributed to my trouble.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Heh, quite lucky you were able to escape the forbidden level so easily I spoke with Ars on IRC and he has no problem with things. It really doesn't harm us negatively in any way. Since all surviving league members are in agreement I think it's safe to play on (pretty certain Silfir or F50 would wholeheartedly agree).
    Platinum Edition ADOMer

Ok I'll do my turn soon if nobody objects...

Can you or Covenant give a little more detail about the other I12 you had to zip through?
    Can't keep my out of your head, eh? Wrong league.

Heh, quite lucky you were able to escape the forbidden level so easily I spoke with Ars on IRC and he has no problem with things. It really doesn't harm us negatively in any way. Since all surviving league members are in agreement I think it's safe to play on (pretty certain Silfir or F50 would wholeheartedly agree).
    Thanks for your understanding I'll try to be more on the ball next time around.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.