Page 13 of 106 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast

Thread: minor things but undocumented

The sheriff just followed me to Lawenilothehl after asking me to kill Hotz, and then promptly died before Hotz did. Killing Hotz and his guards then gave dropped me from N+ to CN, defending myself from shriek and some hostile beggars dropped my alignment further. I always thought that attacking Hotz was a chaotic act and killing him was a lawful one, or does the +alignment come as the quest reward?

EDIT: it made sense to post that here before I typed it out, but now I'm not so sure. Although I suppose it wouldn't hurt to warn people against letting the sheriff follow you when you set off to kill Hotz.
    Last edited by nitr0de; 07-03-2009 at 02:50 PM.

In one of my recent games I did not get the amulet when I lured the sheriff to Lawenilothehl.
    I was lawfull for sure. Or is there some other thing that prevented me from getting it?

You must me next to the sheriff on his first action in Lawenilothehl (if your speed is higher than his speed, you may need to wait a turn).

I don't know if this is common knowledge that just somehow slipped by me, but today when I was walking around in Glod's smithy changing position with him I got the following message:

You change position. (x2)
    You change position. Glod doesn't seem to like being pushed around. Glod misses you. Glod misses you. Glod misses you.

A very convinient way to turn him hostile, I say.
    Suddenly a stream of acid pours down from the ceiling! The cute dog is horribly mutilated by the acidic fluids! The cute dog dies!

That happened to me the other day with a dwarven guard, and it was not on purpose... I was just holding the "right" key to move to the other side of dwarftown and I realised that the guy was attacking me. I checked the messages and there was that "doesn't seem to like being pushed around" too.

I've never had this happen before. Can it be a bug in ADOM Sage? I wonder if this is a random thing...
    Suddenly a stream of acid pours down from the ceiling! The cute dog is horribly mutilated by the acidic fluids! The cute dog dies!

I just switched with him 50 times and didn't see this. DOS version running in DOSBox.
    ADOM Guidebook: http://adomgb.info/

I've angered the old barbarian this way once. I guess the chance of it happening is very small.

Quote Originally Posted by Necropassion View Post
    I've never had this happen before. Can it be a bug in ADOM Sage? I wonder if this is a random thing...
    I don't think it's a but in ADOM Sage because the message that ADOM displays seems quite explicit and unique.

The chance must be very small, I saw it for the first time with that dwarven guard the other day. It had never happened to me before.

I was using the server, with ADOM 1.1.1 + ADOM Sage. My char's alignment was neutral. It was a drakish wizard (although I don't think that can have an influence). The dwarven guard went hostile but the rest of the town was unaffected.

Yes, you're right - it's probably a feature (a minor thing, but undocumented).

Probably very small indeed, as neither of has experienced it before. How about you, meh? Was it the first (and only?) time with the barbarian?

I was also using 1.1.1. and Sage, but not the server. Char was a N- Trollish Healer.
    Last edited by Necropassion; 07-04-2009 at 01:19 AM.