Page 16 of 106 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast

Thread: minor things but undocumented

Not sure which thread it was in, but someone asked which shopkeeper message was related to him IDing the items in his store. I just had it generated in Holeinthewall:

Barnabus, the orcish shopkeeper, gesticulates slightly at the wares in his shop.

I'm not sure if you're asking for a different message or saying that my one means something different, but I can confirm that the items I had dropped like 20 turns ago became ID'd after that message was given.

A couple more notes on skills:

Cooking also increases the piety gained from saccing a corpse in my experience. This is especially good for hurthlings, who start with cooking and whose deities appreciate cooked food a lot. You can get lawful or chaotic precrowns extremely quickly with hurthlings thanks to cooking and summoners (normally summoners are a nuisance when sacing - for hurthlings quite the opposite).

Disarm Traps is extremely reliable on door traps - I've never had it fail at 60 or above. This makes it very useful when combined with Detect Traps. For regular floor traps the skill is pretty poor - it's more likely to set off the trap on you than disarm it below skill level 80 (and still risky even then). If you stand to the side of a trap and try to disarm it then you may be moved onto the trap whilst it's set off. Not sure what happens if there's a monster on the trap and you try this...

The speed thing for dodging bolts is very interesting. Also I'm surprised at how much of a difference your testing indicates Dodge makes a difference. For training (which is extremely difficult) I find it's best to run around barbarians in the wilderness whilst wearing lots of anti-DV stuff and on aggressive tactics. Nets you plenty of arrows in the process too.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

10 characters
    Last edited by Soirana; 12-15-2012 at 09:15 AM.
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

Does cooking corpses with spells or gems train cooking?

no idea...
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!

The dire wolf is hit by the magic missile! The dire wolf is killed!
    Not while poisoned.
    You feel the poison coursing through your veins!
    Congratulations! You advance to level 5.
    As you can see, I didn't kill anything, and still I won a level. The only thing I did in that turn was moving south one square. What could have given me exp? Maybe the poison? (but it doesn't seem to be giving me any exp now...)

Monster that killed self with door trap.

10 characters
    Last edited by Soirana; 12-15-2012 at 09:15 AM.

A message I've never seen before, and never seen documented anywhere.

Code:
    Yikes! You stumble into a huge and quite strong web!
    You are stuck in the webs! Hundreds of tiny spiders suddenly swarm all over
    you. You are bitten dozens of times!
    You manage to destroy the webs!
    This left me poisoned, and though I can't swear by it I think I lost some HP as well.
    Never knew webs could hurt like that...