Page 60 of 106 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470 ... LastLast

Thread: minor things but undocumented

this is surely documentet but...i've discovered just now
    Blessed potion of carrot juice can inprove your Pe just to 25
    the "smell of carrots" room can inprove Pe limitless (5 notch for potions obviously)
    very usefull in ID dive, (i've find a "lot" of special rooms and increased PE to 74 only by carrot potion)

and now i play with excange potions
    A true lier in a world of lying truth

Quote Originally Posted by Confucio View Post
    this is surely documentet but...i've discovered just now
    Blessed potion of carrot juice can inprove your Pe just to 25
    the "smell of carrots" room can inprove Pe limitless (5 notch for potions obviously)
    very usefull in ID dive, (i've find a "lot" of special rooms and increased PE to 74 only by carrot potion)

and now i play with excange potions
    I've never gotten over 20 PE with blessed carrot juice. Did you exploit starvation to get to 25? I'm pretty sure sickness doesn't affect PE
    You hear the cries of the crowd: "Freebird!! Freebird!! Freebird!!"

You play some tunes on your lute.

Ghosts can't cross rivers...

all items are sorted alphabeticaly by id status, even if un id'd
    Quote Originally Posted by Laukku View Post
    I don't like being superstitious. It gives bad luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silfir View Post
    "Today I will show everyone the size of my e-penis by stickying a thread from one year ago that absolutely no one cares about!"
    What happens when a being with godlike power has no concept of limits and unfettered creativity? Anything.
    ?/0

Quote Originally Posted by Theym View Post
    I don't see how this could be true. Wouldn't that mean that, say, blessed, cursed, and uncursed scrolls of darkness would always sort next to each other?
    You hear the cries of the crowd: "Freebird!! Freebird!! Freebird!!"

You play some tunes on your lute.

Quote Originally Posted by Theym View Post
    This doesn't sound right to me. Spellbooks are definitely sorted in alphabetical order for example. Blessed books of the same type might be put above cursed ones, but definitely a book of bless is going to be before a book of teleport, regardless of status.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

i'm pretty sure that spellbooks are sorted alphabeticaly, w/o status ie. earthquake b4 light and light b4 remove curse
    Quote Originally Posted by Laukku View Post
    I don't like being superstitious. It gives bad luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silfir View Post
    "Today I will show everyone the size of my e-penis by stickying a thread from one year ago that absolutely no one cares about!"
    What happens when a being with godlike power has no concept of limits and unfettered creativity? Anything.
    ?/0

Spellbooks =/= all items

10 characters
    Last edited by Soirana; 12-15-2012 at 09:25 AM.
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

As far as I can tell, other than with spellbooks, items are sorted purely by which was picked up first.

However, there are some oddities. Dropping an item and picking it back up will restore that item to the same order as was in your inventory before. However using up all of one item type and picking up a *new* one of them will place the new item at the bottom of the list (one reason why I always try to use up all potions above holy water and try not to use up the last of my holy water, to keep them at the top of the list).

There is no such pickup memory with spellbooks, strangely. Spellbooks are stored alphabetically, as everyone knows. If you have several of one spellbook type and drop one and pick it up again it will go to the bottom of that type. Same happens when reading, since the spellbook is temporarily removed from your inventory as you read it. If you want to keep reading a spellbook to death you should keep reading the bottom one of that type (otherwise you'll read every one of that type of book until they're all low on readings).
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!