Page 65 of 106 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975 ... LastLast

Thread: minor things but undocumented

Quote Originally Posted by Dudley View Post
    search engine sometime's useful
    Indeed. I did actually search for "tension room river", but all I found was a whole lot of stuff from challenge games. Maybe next time I should scroll up the page instead of searching
    The Adom wiki: everything you need to know about Adom.
    http://ancardia.wikia.com/wiki/ADOM_Wiki

Had some fun when playing the fri 13 challenge recently, and noticed something that might be correct and AFAIK is undocumented. I do not K very much, so mabye this is either false or old.

When the char was confused by doppelganger mobs, whenever he moved, all mobs in room would just freeze, stand still and let him stagger about. When it wore off they would close again. I believe this to be somehow connected with the class power (about searching every step).

After getting healing chaotic way, I was pretty confused. Stumbled into wilderness. And was then ambushed by bandits, still confused. "Game over" I thought, but they stayed in place while I staggered around a great while. LAter on I would observe this when confused by those pesky doppelgangers. However, the "free pass" only happened when I actually moved, if I bonked into the wall or another monster I would get counterattacked.

Anyone else notice this?

It's to do with the auto-search thing for thieves, and it also happens if you're stunned. Hmm, I wonder if it would happen for normal chars wearing rings of searching...
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

Quote Originally Posted by Molach View Post
    Had some fun when playing the fri 13 challenge recently, and noticed something that might be correct and AFAIK is undocumented. I do not K very much, so mabye this is either false or old.

When the char was confused by doppelganger mobs, whenever he moved, all mobs in room would just freeze, stand still and let him stagger about. When it wore off they would close again. I believe this to be somehow connected with the class power (about searching every step).

After getting healing chaotic way, I was pretty confused. Stumbled into wilderness. And was then ambushed by bandits, still confused. "Game over" I thought, but they stayed in place while I staggered around a great while. LAter on I would observe this when confused by those pesky doppelgangers. However, the "free pass" only happened when I actually moved, if I bonked into the wall or another monster I would get counterattacked.

Anyone else notice this?
    Bug report is here. There's a rather surprising number of bugs related to the mechanics of the movement system. There's (hopefully) an elegant solution that TB can do to get them all rather than make a hack solution for each one.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Ring of protection is, of course, ID-ed by wearing. But I never knew rings of karmic absorbtion are, as well.

10 characters
    Last edited by Soirana; 12-15-2012 at 09:25 AM.
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

gibbering mouthers can not see in the dark, yet they can
    still 'babble you to confusion' in the dark.
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

you dont have to see to babble someone to confusion. i cant see anyone on here but i get babbled to confusion by all these crazy golfing posts. if all they really do is yell about wierd shit until you get confused they should be able to do that still

By that logic, one should also be able to throw things in the dark...

That's just crazy talk!
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    By that logic, one should also be able to throw things in the dark...

That's just crazy talk!
    One could. but not accurately. If you bable, you don't need accuracy.
    Haven't won with : Druid, Priest, Elementalist, Weaponsmith, Ranger, Merchants, farmers, Necromancer,Thief
    Currently trying : Entertaining girlfriend. Very, Very, VERY hard.

Just a silly online game