Page 67 of 106 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177 ... LastLast

Thread: minor things but undocumented

Quote Originally Posted by _Ln_ View Post
    Heh, just started out burdened with a hurthling thief - heir gift was created after stat arrangement and I ended 3st more than my unburdened max.
    Try starting with low-str race weaponsmiths... I believe they're very frequently burdened.

Quote Originally Posted by psy_wombats View Post
    Try starting with low-str race weaponsmiths... I believe they're very frequently burdened.
    AFAIK, (if required) Str is always boosted after your starting items are generated so you never start burdened. Maybe TB forgot about talents?
    The Adom wiki: everything you need to know about Adom.
    http://ancardia.wikia.com/wiki/ADOM_Wiki

For instance, high elven weaponsmiths never go below 17 strength. There is an adjustment made at some point before talent selection (likely the same step that determines literacy based on Learning - taking Learned doesn't help.)
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

Ha, testing it out a bit, that's definitely correct. I wonder why I remember always starting burdened with my hurthling smiths? Ah well.

Though that's sort of abusable. I just generated a female hurthling weaponsmith with as many -Str question system options as possible and still came up with 19 str.

Quote Originally Posted by psy_wombats View Post
    Ha, testing it out a bit, that's definitely correct. I wonder why I remember always starting burdened with my hurthling smiths? Ah well.

Though that's sort of abusable. I just generated a female hurthling weaponsmith with as many -Str question system options as possible and still came up with 19 str.
    One reason why hurthlings/high/grey elves make great smiths.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

In 1.1.0 it was possible to begin overburdened with (dwarven) merchants who took all starting money increasing talents. It can give up to 250x starting money so they may start with about 200000 gp.

I seem to remember it was possible to start out crushed to death in such a circumstance :-)
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

herbs patches are created on a dungeon level before rivers ... just had a dungeon where both existed (with a fairly narrow river) and there was several places where herb patches broke the river so i could get from one side to another without getting my feet wet

"The cutpurse fingers your pockets. You hear a disappointed grunt."

No idea if it's been there and no intention of searching.

I always get that from female cutpurses
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!