Page 76 of 106 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086 ... LastLast

Thread: minor things but undocumented

You cannot create trap on stairs (the wands gives the same message as if you had created one...) or on yourself (gives "the wand buzzes for a second")
    Haven't won with : Druid, Priest, Elementalist, Weaponsmith, Ranger, Merchants, farmers, Necromancer,Thief
    Currently trying : Entertaining girlfriend. Very, Very, VERY hard.

Just a silly online game

Quote Originally Posted by Dudley View Post
    You cannot create trap on stairs (the wands gives the same message as if you had created one...) or on yourself (gives "the wand buzzes for a second")
    You can't create a trap on top of any feature, I don't think (forges, herbs, pools, rivers, stairs, etc.).
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer View Post
    You can't create a trap on top of any feature, I don't think (forges, herbs, pools, rivers, stairs, etc.).
    My point being, the message's the same for stairs and a "trap-creatable spot"
    Haven't won with : Druid, Priest, Elementalist, Weaponsmith, Ranger, Merchants, farmers, Necromancer,Thief

Just a silly online game

When I get bored at work, I fire up some futile Brimstone Man attempts. Just now, I noticed that when I ate a Fire Giant corpse, even though I didn't get the -Fire (dammit!), it did stop the "The air on this level is extremely hot!" messages.
    Wins:
    Creator, level 33 Drakish Beastfighter.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    When I get bored at work, I fire up some futile Brimstone Man attempts. Just now, I noticed that when I ate a Fire Giant corpse, even though I didn't get the -Fire (dammit!), it did stop the "The air on this level is extremely hot!" messages.
    They stop after some time is spent on the level, for small values of some

Just a silly online game

You can only get 100 lessons at a time with Yergius...

Just a silly online game

Lich Kings (and probably Emperor Liches too) are capable of draining multiple stat points in a single turn...

My Orcish Beastfighter experienced a 3 point Toughness drain (from 47 to 44) just now on D:46, when he tried out some skills in a Greater Vault of Undead (Luckily escaped and still alive) :P

Maybe this is sort of a critical hit? I didn't stay long enough to test it further
    Gateclosers:
    • Orcish Barbarian
    • Dwarven Paladin
    • Orcish Beastfighter
    • Human Healer

That doesn't feel unusal at all to me. I think all stat drainers can drain several stat points at once. Not sure if there's even a difference between emperor lich stat drains and greater daemon stat drains, except that emperor liches have more actions and are faster and so can use the ability more often.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

I think stat drain spell is -1d3 stats per casting. Stat drains due to physical attacks are always -1.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

I suspect that the Stairs in the High Mountain Village are indestructible. I could be completely wrong though, given that I could have spent more time just to be sure (kicked them about maybe 60 times with a PC that had about 14 Strength). At any rate though it seems logical to me that they might be abusable for free Strength training. I mean...the HMV isn't exactly an underground dungeon with anything that could collapse on you right?
    Last edited by A2ZOMG; 03-08-2011 at 09:19 AM.