Page 104 of 106 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106 LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1051

Thread: minor things but undocumented

The "...almost being in the grave in them" room effect allows using Necromancy without spending mana.

The Banshee's wail can pass through walls.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer View Post
    The Banshee's wail can pass through walls.
    And doors.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

When you offer to appraise things to a shopkeeper and then refuse to sell at a proposed price, shopkeeper's response is different depending on how much money he has. Usually the message is "then get yer stuff off my shop" or something like that. If the price is limited by his money, the response is "then I cannot help you".

Quote Originally Posted by yhal003 View Post
    When you offer to appraise things to a shopkeeper and then refuse to sell at a proposed price, shopkeeper's response is different depending on how much money he has. Usually the message is "then get yer stuff off my shop" or something like that. If the price is limited by his money, the response is "then I cannot help you".
    Also if he can offer you full price, hitting enter counts as agreement, if he doesn't have enough funds, enter means to decline. So you can always do an extended drop, hold down enter and be sure you're selling only when he can offer you full price.

dual wielding whips energy cost penalty is dex dependant. i just tested with my gnome monk by equipping and unequipping dx enhancing items and i found that the penalty is reduced by 10 energy every point of dexterity except on the 5's so for every 10 pts of dx the cost is reduced by 80 energy. i tested this fairly extensively but only up to a dx score of 72. i dont know if 99 will change, but if it stays on the same pattern, there would only be a penalty of 200 to dual wielding whips, in addition to other dual wielding penalties.

Quote Originally Posted by Blank4u47 View Post
    dual wielding whips energy cost penalty is dex dependant. i just tested with my gnome monk by equipping and unequipping dx enhancing items and i found that the penalty is reduced by 10 energy every point of dexterity except on the 5's …
    Did you accounted the speed increase from Dx?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    This is a gameplay challenge, not an exercise in tedium.

Sure did, I manipulated my speed with items to test if it had any effect on the energy cost, I did not see any difference due to speed alone, even that which was gained through dexterity.

Chaos diplomat is weird. Stethoscope shows damage 14-28 from his attacks but monster memory shows 61-68 and this is what he delivers in fight (and with 4 attacks at speed 261 he is deadly). His attacks are also extremely corrupting delivering 1 corruption every 2-3 rounds or so even to a well protected PC with DV/PV 105/43. Wands or offensive spells do not break him from his prison, but he still attacks adjacent cells.

Gorgon breath does not work in IQD: "The gorgon coughs up a cloud of smoke but nothing else. It seems to be pretty surprised!". It is also damaged by cold there just like the fire monsters.
    EDIT: never mind, every summoned monster in IQD is damaged by cold.

ice queen is highly vulnerable to fire but the only way to accomplish that is to hit her with a burning torch (presumably flaming weapon of penetration will also work).
    EDIT: offensive alchemy also works
    Last edited by yhal003; 11-02-2015 at 03:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by yhal003 View Post
    Chaos diplomat is weird. Stethoscope shows damage 14-28 from his attacks but monster memory shows 61-68 and this is what he delivers in fight (and with 4 attacks at speed 261 he is deadly). His attacks are also extremely corrupting delivering 1 corruption every 2-3 rounds or so even to a well protected PC with DV/PV 105/43. Wands or offensive spells do not break him from his prison, but he still attacks adjacent cells.

Gorgon breath does not work in IQD: "The gorgon coughs up a cloud of smoke but nothing else. It seems to be pretty surprised!". It is also damaged by cold there just like the fire monsters.
    EDIT: never mind, every summoned monster in IQD is damaged by cold.

ice queen is highly vulnerable to fire but the only way to accomplish that is to hit her with a burning torch (presumably flaming weapon of penetration will also work).
    EDIT: offensive alchemy also works

Those last two are great. Alyways nice to see when a dev has paid attention to unlikely-to-be-seen detail.