Page 17 of 106 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast

Thread: minor things but undocumented

Quote Originally Posted by Ascaron View Post
    A message I've never seen before, and never seen documented anywhere.

Code:
    Yikes! You stumble into a huge and quite strong web!
    You are stuck in the webs! Hundreds of tiny spiders suddenly swarm all over
    you. You are bitten dozens of times!
    You manage to destroy the webs!
    This left me poisoned, and though I can't swear by it I think I lost some HP as well.
    Never knew webs could hurt like that...
    It's infrequent, but given enough time most ADOM players will eventually encounter it. It can actually be fatal - it's listed in the 'ways to die' thread at number 98.

Quote Originally Posted by furious_styles View Post
    It's infrequent, but given enough time most ADOM players will eventually encounter it. It can actually be fatal - it's listed in the 'ways to die' thread at number 98.
    I suspected it would be on that list somewhere, i've just never seen it before and it was a kind of "wtf" moment.

Dark elves don't get bitten - instead they get a message along the lines of "You happily greet your tiny friends." The poison for other races can be very annoying, which is why it's important not to stumble through webs without resistance.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

Well, I just found an interesting message:

"Something is oddly wrong with the location you just entered although you yet aren't sure what it might be."

It was a room that would normally give the message:

"You get the odd feeling that something is wrong with your perception of this room, but can't seem to tell what it is from just looking around."

However, the room was a dark room, and I entered the room through a stairway instead of the door. Entering such a room through the door still gives the normal message.

It's extremely superfluous, but it also quite rare, as it requires three completely random features to be applied to the same room: the room must be dark, the room must be a "perception" room, and a stairway must be in the room.

I think that one might also recieve this message by teleporting into a "dark perception" room, or by entering a normal "perception" room by any means while blind.

I encountered a dark "warped mirrors" room in a recent game. They showed the PC's warped reflection perfectly in pitch blackness.
    ADOM Guidebook: http://adomgb.info/

10 characters
    Last edited by Soirana; 12-15-2012 at 09:16 AM.
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

10 characters
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!

One interesting thing i found out recently is that deaf PCs can still hear shopkeepers mumble stuff, when they pick up items. I think it might be a bug.
    I haven't yet finished an ADOM game, but i haven't given up on trying yet either.

10 characters

The archer heir gift is 40 winged X of hunting, where X is whatever type of missile the PC starts with. This can include, for example, rocks, throwing clubs or drakish scurgari, even though there is no other way to get those prefixes/suffixes on these types of throwing weapons as far as I know.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.