Page 24 of 106 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474 ... LastLast

Thread: minor things but undocumented

10 characters
    Last edited by Soirana; 12-15-2012 at 09:17 AM.
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

If you talk to Thrundarr after successfully closing the gate, you'll only get a short congratulatory message, no prompt for a conversation item. If you've postponed the reward/achievement of dwarven quests and return to dwarftown after winning, you can't collect your rewards or do the missing quests.

I found this a bit annoying with my permanently-invisible troll wizard, who of course had to return from winning to get enough potions of visibility (via _wishes_, for cryin' out loud!) to become arena champion and then got no Thrundarr rewards for it.

Probably not important, but if you stand in darkness with an amulet of light and you take it off, then you can't see the room anymore but still your @. At least at my PC it's like that. It could be that creeps can still target you then as if not in darkness - if at least they can while in darkness lit by the amulet - or that you can still act as if you're not in darkness (didn't have a missile weapon to try shooting)

I don't think it mentioned that claw bugs spawn, useful for the bug place.
    The RNG is the source of chaos and corruption.
    "You talk to molest, the female dwarven child. Molest, the female dwarven child, grunts: "Me wanna sugar, please?"

Bards when true berserking still receive attack prompts, despite also receiving the "lust for blood!" message and the bonuses. No character will auto-attack pets and companions under true berserk; they are displaced as normal.

If you bring the cute dog back to Terinyo, then attack it there, children and goodwives will fight the dog. If you kill the dog and give its corpse to the little girl, she'll just be sad and you can spend time with her to console her.

You hit the doppleganger and moderately wound him. The doppleganger bleeds
    from his wounds. The doppleganger decides to fight to the death in a
    blind rage! The doppleganger attacks the doppleganger. The doppleganger
    suddenly looks like the doppleganger!
    The doppleganger seems to be
    confused. The doppleganger is killed!

Hey, you can talk to Thrundarr about Waldenbrook, too.
    The RNG is the source of chaos and corruption.
    "You talk to molest, the female dwarven child. Molest, the female dwarven child, grunts: "Me wanna sugar, please?"

Quote Originally Posted by Python View Post
    You hit the doppleganger and moderately wound him. The doppleganger bleeds
    from his wounds. The doppleganger decides to fight to the death in a
    blind rage! The doppleganger attacks the doppleganger. The doppleganger
    suddenly looks like the doppleganger!
    The doppleganger seems to be
    confused. The doppleganger is killed!
    That seems to be a variation of the - foo - attacks itself message and seems to indicate that monsters not only "attack themselves" but use their own special abilities to do so. So probably a claw bug would bypass his own PV, dark sages COULD bolt themselves to death and so on...

Quote Originally Posted by Moeba View Post
    Probably not important, but if you stand in darkness with an amulet of light and you take it off, then you can't see the room anymore but still your @. At least at my PC it's like that. It could be that creeps can still target you then as if not in darkness - if at least they can while in darkness lit by the amulet - or that you can still act as if you're not in darkness (didn't have a missile weapon to try shooting)
    I once put on amulet of light in the room with "strange lights flicker" and immediately got a crash. Just remembered this case and decided to inform others. I was doomed (that's why I decided not to risk with grues), was playing 1.1.1..