Page 6 of 106 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Thread: minor things but undocumented

Nichts njet nada in the version I'm using (1.1.1 Winbeta_4). It's in your MM?
    Suddenly a stream of acid pours down from the ceiling! The cute dog is horribly mutilated by the acidic fluids! The cute dog dies!

A completely irrelevant detail:

Killing monsters in the VDDL does not increase your total kill count, but the monsters do still appear on the list of killed creatures.

Anyone tried 'l'ooking at a homonculus and pressing 'm'ore? I must remember to do it the next time I encounter one.
    Suddenly a stream of acid pours down from the ceiling! The cute dog is horribly mutilated by the acidic fluids! The cute dog dies!

Quote Originally Posted by Necropassion View Post
    Anyone tried 'l'ooking at a homonculus and pressing 'm'ore? I must remember to do it the next time I encounter one.
    Homunculi

A small creature created by a user of magic to draw some semblance of a life force into a construct of flesh, bone, and magic, these creature are companions of their creators until freed by their maker's death, after which they wander, doing what harm they can with their dangerous bites (which may have magical effects) and small claws.

Like Laukku said it's under Homunculi not Homunculus because that's the plural form and most non-unique monsters show up in plural in the monster memory.

In my monster memory they don't show up, though - even if I write Homonculi. Yet it says in my kill list that I've killed six of them. Strange.

Homunculi :P

Homunculus also works.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

Haha! Just saw that I had misspelled it all along... Please excuse my blatant stupidity *epic facepalm*

Yergius will teach Pick Pockets to a non-lawful PC that hasn't performed a thief action yet

I stole a few items from the shop via potion of invis. and when i talked to Yergius, he asked me to prove my talents as a thief.

Let this be a lesson: Learn pickpocket BEFORE you invisible-rob the shop.

Useful point CheatMan. It is I believe theoretically possible to still prove ones talent as a thief, but no one seems very sure how many shops/items you need to rob. Obviously if you have to rob as many different shops as you would have to pickpocket mobs, thats going to be tricky... On the other hand, if you just rob as much as possible from the 4 guaranteed shops in the game, maybe you will get lucky satisfying Yergius.

Needs testing really, but I am way too lazy, what with nature of test being somewhat comlicated.

You can use the Knock spell on a wall square where you have 'really hurt your foot', no need to 's'earch for the door.