Page 10 of 106 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast

Thread: minor things but undocumented

I believe the druid quest draws your alignment towards N=, so it can be chaotic if your alignment is N+ or better. A nasty surprise for prospective platinum girdle players.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Fistanarius may give only 1xp when killed. This happened to me yesterday when I cast invisibility on him and slow monster on self before killing him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sami View Post
    Fistanarius may give only 1xp when killed. This happened to me yesterday when I cast invisibility on him and slow monster on self before killing him.
    I think there's an upper limit on the number of experience that a monster can give. I've heard of something similar happening with the cat lord if you go overboard on killing cats.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Quote Originally Posted by BenMathiesen View Post
    If you train with Bart, your score in the Tactics and TWF skills depends on your current Learning. In my most recent game I got Tactics at 97% and TWF at 100% by wearing the Crown of Science and drinking a potion of boost learning (for a total of Le=37). I think the number of weapons marks you get also goes up, but it's still on the order of 100-200 marks so not such a big deal.
    At the very least, this is unreliable ime. I've tried this several times and even with learning in the 30s I've gotten tactics as low as 24 even with Le in the 30s every time. I would say that you might as well eat the oracle, use the crown and any boost learning pots you have, but I wouldn't delay getting the skill to pump learning.
    ________
    SENTIA
    Last edited by sterjs; 02-24-2011 at 10:59 PM.

10 characters
    Last edited by Soirana; 12-15-2012 at 10:11 AM.
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

Phial of Caladriel lights an area that seems to have a radius of FLOOR((PP+10)/20). Radius 0 means it lights only the square where you are standing. b/u/c status does not have any effect in radius.

Code:
    PP used  Radius
    1-9      0
    10-29    1
    30-49    2
    50-69    3
    70-89    4
    90-109   5
    And so on...

Quote Originally Posted by Sami View Post
    This could imply that Andy can give huge xp if you have a ridiculously huge speed.

Quote Originally Posted by warheart View Post
    This is a question rather than an update, just wanted to clarify this now that Andy Williams opened the guidebook thread.

A couple of games ago, when I chose [k]nowledge as the reward of the druid's quest (had herbalism already), i got the "you feel as if transgressing some law" message. Is doing this quest a chaotic act? :E
    It draws you towards neutrality.

I'm not sure if this information is included is already posted elsewhere (I would assume it is, somewhere), but it was news to me at least so I thought I would post it. It is well known that speed reduces experience, but I have never seen the exact relationship stated. Using a bunch of potions of quickling blood, I calculated the experience versus speed of the player, and found that the experience is

[math]Exp Bonus = (Monster Speed)/(Your Speed)[\math]

I've enclosed a graph that illustrates this effect using a 100 speed orc chieftain as my test subject. Common speeds near 100, then, have pretty small effects: taking quick only reduces experience to 98% of base, taking Raven reduces to 91% of base. If you have 100 Athletics (+8), Raven (+10), and Greased Lightning (+9 total), then your experience is reduced down to 78% of what a 100 speed player would receive on a 100 speed monster--a fairly substantial loss.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Soirana View Post
    Offensive alchemy does not seem to be dependant on alchemy skill value.
    Is it dependent on willpower?
    ________
    MARIJUANA MEDICAL
    Last edited by sterjs; 02-24-2011 at 11:04 PM.