Page 81 of 106 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591 ... LastLast

Thread: minor things but undocumented

10 characters
    Last edited by Soirana; 12-15-2012 at 09:38 AM.
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

You do absorb the mana. I checked. Then found this method.

Strangely enough, Mana Battery doesn't affect dipping wands - you can still charge them. Also, if you sell wands while you have Mana Battery, the shopkeeper pays you the value for a charged wand. You don't drain the wand's charges until you accept the offer and actually drop it. You can also get a few free PP by picking up and dropping wands in a store - the shopkeeper won't become hostile at your draining his merchandise.
    You hear the cries of the crowd: "Freebird!! Freebird!! Freebird!!"

You play some tunes on your lute.

doesn't he get mad at you 'reducing the price of his wares'
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

If you lead Yrrigs over a corruption trap enough times, he will transform into a proper named Chaos creature. The two times I've done it, he ended up as 'Yrrigs, the writhing mass of primal chaos', but he might also turn into a chaos mutant.

This isn't so notable.

However, what is notable is that if you lead the writhing mass of primal chaos (who once was Yrrigs) back to the healer, he won't be healed, and will continue to beat you up. So if you're tempted to turn Yrrigs into a chaos creature to make the Healing quest a bit more interesting... just don't.

Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    doesn't he get mad at you 'reducing the price of his wares'
    I'm 99% positive. I don't have a character handy to test it with, but I'm usually *very* careful to not tick off shopkeepers.
    You hear the cries of the crowd: "Freebird!! Freebird!! Freebird!!"

You play some tunes on your lute.

Quote Originally Posted by MrNiceguy View Post
    Strangely enough, Mana Battery doesn't affect dipping wands - you can still charge them. Also, if you sell wands while you have Mana Battery, the shopkeeper pays you the value for a charged wand. You don't drain the wand's charges until you accept the offer and actually drop it. You can also get a few free PP by picking up and dropping wands in a store - the shopkeeper won't become hostile at your draining his merchandise.
    I suspect this has probably also been mentioned at some point in the thread, but you can also dip and do alchemy with poison hands corruption in effect without any problems.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

if you kill waldenbrook, then visit mystic, you get no reward
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

that's cool... does that only work with Waldenbrook? and are you sure killing Waldenbrook was the cause?

Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    if you kill waldenbrook, then visit mystic, you get no reward
    I was under impression that touching anyone in the town (killing with pets, etc.) will do that. Only greater daemon and anything hostile you bring into town doesn't screw your reward.