Page 105 of 106 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106 LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1051

Thread: minor things but undocumented

Wands of far slaying do more damage to enemy than they do to PC. 45 PP shot kills ice queen while PC only takes 200-250 damage (ice queen has over 600 HP). It needs to be directed so that it bounces multiple times of course. Gaab'baay can be killed with 10 PP shot if caught in the corridor and troll wizard with 61 HP has a chance of surviving that attempt. Does not work on shopkeepers unfortunately since they avoid rays very well.

A necromancers shadow touch is only chaotic if used on a non-chaotic monster. Tested this extensively. Also it can directly increase your mana stat up to 99 at seemingly random intervals. This is in addition to the normal hp and pp recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianL View Post
    Has anyone ever received the message "something seems to be annoyed!"? It occurred after entering D:20 which happened to contain a vault. No monsters were in sight at the time, but I w5'd a little and nothing invisible attacked me. The only instances I can find online relate to Dax the Arena Master being annoyed when he can't harm the PC.
    Time to bump this thread... I received this exact same message right now in a very different situation. I was in one of the random dungeons, doing over from chaotic to lawful alignment on a lawful altar by saccing 1 gold at a time. At around N-, I got this. I had no companions on that level, to the best of my knowledge. I wonder if anyone has any idea what could cause this message.

Quote Originally Posted by Maul View Post
    Time to bump this thread... I received this exact same message right now in a very different situation. I was in one of the random dungeons, doing over from chaotic to lawful alignment on a lawful altar by saccing 1 gold at a time. At around N-, I got this. I had no companions on that level, to the best of my knowledge. I wonder if anyone has any idea what could cause this message.
    Some monster triggering some trap would be my guess. i would bet either on alarm or something like acid trap with acid immune mob. Might be completely wrong.
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

Quote Originally Posted by kuniqs View Post
    The "...almost being in the grave in them" room effect allows using Necromancy without spending mana.
    Just had an opportunity to confirm this. Considering that skill use trains mana, this room is very useful for necromancers indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by yhal003 View Post
    Wands of far slaying do more damage to enemy than they do to PC.
    Wasn't it widely known? (just kidding)

IIRC, character is hit for 1d6 (unless there is some level/Will bonus of which I am not sure), while monsters get hit for 1d6+R as in normal bolt. Since R is 30+char level+PP bonus (2/3/4*PP for B/U/C according to sorear)... well, it is clearly very abuseable early on assuming you can bounce into closed door or into open area .

Edit: apparently it was not wide known... because it was not true. Apparently wand of far slaying apply monster PV to damage.... guess, I know what to try on D50...
    Last edited by Soirana; 02-25-2016 at 12:41 PM.
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

The equipment scattering effect from savegame hacking can be triggered in the wilderness, spreading your items all over the Drakalor Chain. Autopickup is the only way to get them back.
    "And light there be!"

Any entirely hostile monster in Lawenilothehl can be lured to the Hotzenplotz room and be killed.
    However it seems Crime lord and his guards would not attack a monster if it was the PC who start the fight.
    (accidentally bump into nonhostile bloke and then come to the crime lord for help etc)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    This is a gameplay challenge, not an exercise in tedium.

Quote Originally Posted by littlebrather View Post
    Any entirely hostile monster in Lawenilothehl can be lured to the Hotzenplotz room and be killed.
    However it seems Crime lord and his guards would not attack a monster if it was the PC who start the fight.
    (accidentally bump into nonhostile bloke and then come to the crime lord for help etc)
    On the same not, you can move a hostile monster on the shop door in Lawnilothehl and pick up an item. The shopkeep will kill the monster to free the door (note that the same "don't fight back" rule applies).
    I like my women like my ADOM loot - hunted as treasure and in extra quantity.

The shopkeeper will not kill the monster if you made it hostile.
    He'll just wait for the fight to resolve and then block the doorway.
    This is also the case with every other shopkeeper in the game.
    Only initially hostile monsters can be dealt with in this fashion.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."