Page 28 of 106 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878 ... LastLast

Thread: minor things but undocumented

Quote Originally Posted by Tomato Burger View Post
    3) Stats for the Obsidian Sceptre (Sceptre of Chaos) isn't listed in the GB ... and I guess the GB probably isn't being updated any more. On a related note: it's very tedious to get.
    Stats aren't listed? Sure they are. In both Appendix B Weapons and Appendix L Artifacts.
    ADOM Guidebook: http://adomgb.info/

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Williams View Post
    Stats aren't listed? Sure they are. In both Appendix B Weapons and Appendix L Artifacts.
    Whoops... I was using a downloaded copy of the GB from like 2000. It mentioned the Sceptre multiple times but never gave the stats.

You can wield torches in a weapon slot and light them; It did 1d4 + 3 + 1d4 damage for me (saved from ants )

Quote Originally Posted by Moeba View Post
    You can wield torches in a weapon slot and light them; It did 1d4 + 3 + 1d4 damage for me (saved from ants )
    Lit torches in hand also increase the visible sight range beyond that of a normal torch. Dual-wielding torches + inventory slot is a pretty nice boost and is very useful for some tactical scenarios.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer View Post
    Lit torches in hand also increase the visible sight range beyond that of a normal torch. Dual-wielding torches + inventory slot is a pretty nice boost and is very useful for some tactical scenarios.
    Scenarios such as?
    The RNG is the source of chaos and corruption.
    "You talk to molest, the female dwarven child. Molest, the female dwarven child, grunts: "Me wanna sugar, please?"

Quote Originally Posted by DumbleDoor View Post
    Scenarios such as?
    Take a look at the tutorial on the other thread. Torches, preferably multiple ones, make the starting scenario much less dangerous.

I'm not sure if this is well-known, and it's not particularly useful, but it's something I just discovered recently after many years of playing ADOM:

If you have an unidentified corpse and it starts to rot, it'll say (rotten) next to it [not the surprising part]
    If you dip it into a potion of holy water that you haven't identified, it turns to (fresh)!

This, of course, makes perfect sense, but it was still a surprise to me. I was expecting it to just be identified as a Blessed corpse, or perhaps to just lose the (rotten), but (fresh) was unexpected.

Want to move while "Overburdened!"? Create a trap, and then use the Disarm Trap skill on it. If your Disarm Trap score is low enough, you will trigger the trap and thus move to its square, even if you're overburdened.

Yes, I know, this is as minor, nitpicky and useless as things can get, but that's the purpose of this thread, isn't it?

C'mon everybody, new challenge. Overburdened man.
    AdomBot yourself a wand of trap creation with infinite
    charges and finish the game with 99 St and 1 De.

Seriously though, that could be a way to move around
    on D:49 in some restriction games. Maybe?
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

Archers' dodge missle ability is good to get cats killed by missle using monsters (kobolds, rockthrowes, ..., they are relatively common) in a situation like k@f: the kobold will shoot arrows at you, you'll dodge them, and they'll hit (and eventually kill) the cat.

If you have the Invisibility spell or potions of invisibility, but you're sandwitched between two cats (f@f), and there is a missle/spell using monster behind one of the cats, make that cat invisible. The missle/spell using monster will shoot at you (unless it sees invisible) and hit the cat between you and he. If the cat is alive after this, it will attack the missle/spell using monster, but if it is strong enough (ogre magus, orc scorcher, ... ) it will kill the cat.