Thread: Hitting Andor Drakon with a Wand of Far Slaying

Default Hitting Andor Drakon with a Wand of Far Slaying

Anyone know if it damages him? I never tried it. Andy is immune to most spells but Acid Ball still damages him (though it does make him faster with every casting), but I don't know if the wand damages him. If it does damage him, then a few things have to be considered:

1. Does the game end when you kill him, even if you are at like -5000 HP? In that case, an AoLS wouldn't be necessary, and would be a very dramatic way of suiciding him, only to be rewarded for your valor.

2. Even if the above isn't true, this would provide a pretty scummy way to kill him if you had an AoLS. Thoughts? I might try it out next time I try to ultra with a wizard. Nooooo waaay am I risking it with my current thief.

I'm fairly certain PP gets deducted before the spell is used, so pretty sure that won't work.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

Which part of it do you think wouldn't work? Please clarify.

Andy drains PP although... Do i have wish engine in chaos plane... goes to check save files.

For the science:
    He can be killed with wand, but...
    A) after zapping in #@@# config for 1,7k PP he was severely injured needed second zap. He does shrugg off of some portion of hits but looks like should be some resistance too. Char did not went into -oblivion either so... i don't know shock imunity does something or whatever.
    B) He does get manage to be in wall section [quite often from what i recall in my personal experience] in such case he does not get hit as ray bounces of wall.
    C) if ray kills both you get executed him/herself message and regular death ending.
    Conclusion - not doable.
    Last edited by Soirana; 02-08-2012 at 09:21 PM.
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

In other words, not worth doing unless you have an astronomical PP score, and even then, before Andy drains too much of it, and even THEN, it's not going to kill him, and even THEN, you *need* an AoLS or else.

Viability is plausible, but unlikely. Thanks for the research!

Quote Originally Posted by zeteginara View Post
    In other words, not worth doing unless you have an astronomical PP score, and even then, before Andy drains too much of it, and even THEN, it's not going to kill him, and even THEN, you *need* an AoLS or else.

Viability is plausible, but unlikely.
    From point C in Soirana's post, I understood that you die even with an AoLS, if the energy ray kills both?

Nope AoLS works as intended. But even if you could refill PP [and have met other conditions], you would need at least two amulets.
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

Can Andy shrug bolts off and drain PP if he's paralyzed? If the answer to both is no, I suppose you could zap a wand of paralyzation at him until it sticks, kamikaze him via far slaying, revive and use a lot of blessed scrolls and crystals of power, then do it once again... in theory.

Plausible scenario which would make it useful: You are playing as a class that has a lot of PP (wizard, necromancer, elementalist, priest, paladin possibly). You have an amulet of life saving, but are extremely corrupted and have very few means of corruption removal, so your fight with Andy has to be quick. The wand of far slaying/AoLS trick is a great way to do a lot of damage in one turn. So you do it, then finish him off the normal melee way.