Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Progress thread for an ultra ending

Yeah, IIRC there's a guaranteed helm of waterbreathing on the bottom floor of the rift.

Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer View Post
    Yes, it's an indestructible potion of blindness.
    Unless kicked!

Remember that a blessed ring of the fish can work as a water breathing item, and they're more common than dedicated +WBre ones. I've found that you don't always evade drowning damage with one, though - during a extended WDL visit, I had to use a few PoEH. It may depend on Luck, but I had lucky and Fate smiles enhanced by the ankh, with no negative intrinsics.

You'll probably be fine if you want to check the hoard, though. Remember to take a source of invisibility (dragon turtles) and darkness (to steal items surrounded by it if you find something nice; and never step on the edge of a darkened area).

For the ToEF, I'd rather not take risks and look for a fire beetle corpse somewhere. That's just me, though...
    "And light there be!"

Update:

• I trained climbing with Yergius and got it to 100 at level up.

• I entered the ToEF as planned. Farmed a corpse for -Fire first, relying on CLW for healing and Frost Bolt for killing. When I got the corpse I realized I wasn't taking any damage and then I remembered that the intrinsic resistance counts as 2.

• The ACW fell easily. He only connected an energy ray, which I healed with CLW. After that, using a chaos servant as a shield, stunned him with Stun Ray at the first try and then lightning balled him to death. Cleaned all the mobs in the level for exp. After this run on the tower I think the ring of ice is overrated. There is still a small chance of equipment destruction, which is enough (at least for me) for not risking SLBs, for instance. And if I can't take all my equipment then why do I want it? Only use I can think of is to protect missiles.

• After this I went to the Rift. I obtained the helm of water breathing, all the spell books and the weird tome. Funny fact is that all my holy and unholy waters got destroyed, but none of the uncursed ones. The book of Wish is now stashed, maybe waiting for some action!

• As I didn't get a wish nor an AoLS yet, now I'm going to the Water Dragon's Lair to check the loot. If this fails as well, only remains ID-diving for exp and casting wish.

EDIT: Oh, and I got SLBs and the crown of leadership. And the bulging cranium corruption, sweet.

EDIT2: No wish/AoLS at the Water Dragon's Lair. I guess this is it. Tomorrow I begin my quest to become a one-time little archmage.
    Last edited by quik; 02-13-2012 at 11:36 PM.
    1 ULE, 1 UNE, 18 regular endings. Won with every race. Trying to win with every class. Never won with farmer, merchant, mindcrafter and thief.

If I go down in the ID I'm wondering if I should worry about the Filk quest... I've killed 21 bandits (my first kill), so if I get to I21 will I find Filk there or he just shows up after getting the quest?
    1 ULE, 1 UNE, 18 regular endings. Won with every race. Trying to win with every class. Never won with farmer, merchant, mindcrafter and thief.