Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adom II guidebook

Default Adom II guidebook

Here's the link to my horribly incomplete/started wiki

http://adom2.wikidot.com/

So I've mostly been working on switching everything over to the wiki. I'll be going and gathering more data soon enough though. So feel free to join the wiki and lend some fingers
    Last edited by ironcash; 03-25-2012 at 07:37 PM.

better keep a couple reserved just in case
    Last edited by ironcash; 03-25-2012 at 07:43 PM.

better keep a couple reserved just in case
    Last edited by ironcash; 03-25-2012 at 07:43 PM.

Just a heads up, you have 1 post for 'content' which by all your other headings will including anything from world discovery/locations, quests, NPC's, building materials and so on. Good luck on the guidebook. I thought Master Biskup was against a guidebook/spoiler. Is this still the case?

I'm not sure if he's anti-guidebook, I hope not... but if he is I'll stop working on this

*edit* Though there is a sticky one the general adom section for work on guidebook, so seems like if he was compeletly opposed to guidebook work that that wouldn't be sticked. Anyway I'm just sort of working on items and other random stuff I come across for right now, not really doing anything spoily/this is how you win the game. Just sort of making a list of cool items people have run across so other people can look at it and dream of someday finding cool stuff themselves
    Last edited by ironcash; 03-23-2012 at 05:43 AM.

Thumbs up Race/Class Skill Affinities, and some suggestions.

Something I noticed from playing so many games: different races/classes have different skill costs. For instance, it only costs 4 SP at first to raise the 'Dodge' and 'Find weakness' skills for Dark Elven Fighters, but for Dark Elven Commoners it costs 8 SP.

Next time I'm free for an hour or two, I'll try to compile a list and post it--as well as an explanation of how I believe the game determines skill costs.

In the meantime, some suggestions:

For rings: you might want to put +x instead of an actual number; put the numerical range in the last set of parentheses (ex: Damage (+x) (x = 2 to 4)).

For weapons: remove entries three and thirteen; they are just repeat of other entries, but with the material.
    For weapon prefixes: 'Great' is not a prefix; it is actually part of the weapon name/type.
    For weapon materials (see 'In general:' below): 'blackwood,' 'iron,' 'ironwood,' 'mithril,' 'steel,' and 'wooden' (these need to be ranked).

For armor: remove entry two, and entries eight through twelve; entry sixteen should be 'clothes (40s)' while entry seventeen should just be 'rags;' add an entry for 'clothes (60s).'
    For armor materials (see 'In general:' below): 'adamantium,' 'chaos mutant skin,' 'iron,' 'leather,' 'mithril,' 'silk,' 'spider silk,' 'steel,' and 'woolen' (these need to be ranked).

For cloaks: entries two and three are not types of cloaks (as far as I've seen, anyway).
    For cloak suffixes: I believe that both that are listed are not actual suffixes, but instead are actually different types of cloaks.
    For cloak materials (see 'In general:' below): 'leather,' 'silk,' and 'woolen' (these need to be ranked?).
    For cloaks in general: 'leather' can refer to both the type of cloak and the material it's made out of.

In general: don't list materials under 'prefixes;' materials should have their own section for weapons/armor/cloaks, and they should probably be ranked in order of protectiveness/damage/weight/et cetera.

In final: it's nice that you're going through the effort to make this, but you should probably make it more presentable; both to attract users and to ensure ease-of-use. Go through your posts and fix typos and the like; make sure you're consistant with what's capitalized in a given section (not that I'm an authority on making something like this; take my opinions with a grain of salt).

@MITZE, thanks for the input I think I'll compile separate lists for base materials and such. I'm thinking about maybe trying to start up a website or check into trying to make a wiki or something that way I can make tables and put items weights and other features in there, it's been a few years since I've made a website but it shouldn't be too tricky.

as far as skill costs, some things that might affect the skill cost might include: race, class, skill level, and base attribute (str, dex, tou, etc...) so good luck on that and I look forward to seeing what you're able to find out.

Hopefully I can get a lot more information posted on here this week since I'm on spring break, but I also gotta hang out with the gf, and work and enjoy the weather we're having over here.

i wonder how much of this you could get from the java docs?
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

I'm not sure I never thought of that, maybe I'll take a little look around in them. Though I do not want to do anything even slightly reverse engineery

You might want to think about organizing a new Guidebook as a Wiki, similar to the Ancardia one. You'll probably find that the work will go a lot faster if other contributors are able to help out directly.

[edit]As long as you aren't code-diving, I can't imagine that TB will have a problem with a Guidebook...
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.