Thread: Rings of slashing / piercing / blunt resistance.

Default Rings of slashing / piercing / blunt resistance.

Do they work? I tried a ring of unslashability (not cursed) and the first kobold chieftain with a greatsword hit me for 214 damage in two hits.. It seems these rings actually multiply the damage of that type by a large factor instead of protecting you. A bug? Can anyone confirm or deny?
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

Ok, I tested again, now against weaker monsters. Orc with broadsword (I had 4 PV): without ring, normal hits do slight damage, crits do major. With ring, normal hits do nothing, crits do slight damage. So this time it worked as expected. I am baffled what happened with the example above.

Monsters with great weapons seem to be able to do monstrous amounts of damage under normal circumstances. It could be the kobold was doing a mighty blow (I dunno if they are barbarian type or not).
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

No mighty blows, but it were two critical hits. Kobold chieftains can always hit hard with their greatswords, but I haven't seen something this extreme from them before, not even on criticals.