Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Victory?

If there is a trick, it is not to give up too early. Sometimes (this last game, too) the final dungeon you need is somewhat further removed from the chain. This was the third game I had all four, I think the odds (not including loops) for reachable dungeons are about 1 in 4 or maybe even better, based on my games so far.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

Here is an example of the sort of unlikely places where you might find elemental dungeons sometimes. I am standing on a dungeon containing an elemental shard. According to the wizened old man this dungeon should have been located "to the northeast", but it was in fact straight north of the CoC. (This is a bug that has already been reported, I believe.)

Another thing that helps me get shards is to multiclass. If I play a pure class, I am fighting troll brutes, wights and wraiths when I'm in the second elemental temple or so. This makes progress through the dungeon much more slow and cumbersome. With a multiclass character, I am still bashing through bats and orcs at that time. This helps a lot to find out more quickly if the quest is hopeless, so I can restart faster.

naamloos.JPG

Wait.... the level scaling only looks at your highest character level? Or your primary class level? And not your total number of levels?

Or is just that you are getting so much less xps?
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Because of the experience penalty you need to gain more experience before you gain a level.

By the way, in the game from the screenshot above I now again have all four.. down to CoC 34 now.. the scariest thing that happened was meeting a fire giantish wraith. It drained 1 to before I saw what it was and bravely ran away.
    Last edited by grobblewobble; 04-07-2012 at 06:11 PM.