Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: King of the Orcs?

Quote Originally Posted by feanor70115 View Post
    My level 34 troll monk got killed quickly by those last two but I think I could have handled them (by throwing them and running so I only had to face on at a time) if I'd realized what I was getting into.
    Incidentally, my troll monk was level 34 too. It's doable, I made it. I didn't throw them, but disarming Fnuk made him a pushover. The orb of elemental fire is a great help in this fight. Earth orb is kind of useless on this level.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

Has this changed in 2.8? I found all the levers and pulled all 3 of them in various orders. I did notice that with certain orders, I got an odd mis-written message. I went on to the gate and have forgotten the exact message, but I haven't gotten anything to happen on this level. Thoughts? Do you need to be certain level?

In version 0.3.2 I am unable to pull any of the levers. The levers simply don't appear in the list of things you can interact with.

edit: oh, you need to unequip elemental shards first before the handle appears in the list..

Damn, killed by Joan d'orc this time. Someone should go there with at least one level in thief and some skill in pickpockets. They're wearing some very shiny items. I saw an amulet of life saving on the neck of Joan IIRC and various other goodies.
    Last edited by grobblewobble; 01-04-2013 at 09:51 AM.

Okay, came back and tried it. It turns out Fnuk is the one carrying the amulet, not Joan. It's not worth learning to pickpocket because he drops all his items anyway when he dies.

Joan d'Orc is a formidable opponent, much more dangerous than her husband. She's a warrior nun with speed about 120, hits hard, can do a stunning throwing attack, can't be disarmed, heals quite quickly. I killed her by wearing speed enhancing items (ring of speed and fire shard), a ring of blunt trauma resistance and then repeatedly retreated to heal until she made the mistake to try a circular kick.

He drops his *amulet of life saving* when he dies? Doesn't quite add up does it?