Thread: autoroller quest

Default autoroller quest

10 characters
    Last edited by Soirana; 12-15-2012 at 10:00 AM.
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

I've been using another scripting language called AutoHotkey for automating some aspects of ADOM. For example, I've written a roller that speeds up the generation of speedrun-suitable Gray Elven Wizards.

I think it might be fairly easy to make that AutoIt script work with other ADOM versions. I may take a closer look at it later.

Interesting approach.

Actually I have been thinking about the same thing the last three days, and I chose a different way. I basically just intercept ADOM's standard input/output streams (it's a bit more complicated though, because ADOM checks if it actually writes to a terminal, so I have to give it a PTY).

My aim was something that would, if I gave it a savegame with a char standing on a pool, scum for a wish (drink, reload if no wish granted). Not to actually use it, AdomBot is easier for that, just to see how far I get (because of the pseudoterminal thingy). Currently, the stream redirection is in place, and I can kill ADOM quickly by pressing a certain key. Macros could be implemented easily (if key was detected on stdin, send something else to ADOM's stdin).

Now that I can control in/output I should, in theory, be able to "understand" (in a programmatical way) what ADOM draws to the screen, and interpret it accordingly (iow, search for "What do you wish for?" prompts) -- or make screenshots.

Once that is working, it shouldn't be *that* hard to convert it into an autoroller.

But somehow I don't think I'll go there. I'm quite happy with it as it is.

Something you'll definitely want to look into is the program "expect" (I also took a look at the source code of "pexpect", a python implementation of expect).
    Last edited by Epythic; 05-15-2009 at 02:53 PM.
    Of course it's unfair - that's the whole point.

The Adom wiki: everything you don't want to know about Adom.
    http://ancardia.wikia.com/

Forgive my ignorance, but why the priority of Strong of Will in the talent selection? Surely with 4 talents Heir and Alert would be preferable?

Or have I missed out on something special for so long?
    ________
    Ford freda history
    Last edited by Azz; 03-07-2011 at 05:40 AM.

10 characters
    Last edited by Soirana; 12-15-2012 at 10:01 AM.
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!

I assume these aren't tailored to Soirana's priorities - it ranks Unicorn as one of the must-have talents for instance...
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

It's all easily changeable to whatever r/c, talents, stats, starsign you want.

10 characters
    Last edited by Soirana; 12-15-2012 at 10:01 AM.

Well I got it working sort of, it's incredibly slow (at least for me) when it scans the screen though, meaning it's MUCH faster to do it manually. I guess it would be ok to generate characters for you while you sleep or eat or work but if you want to play right now it's kind of pointless (took over half an hour just to get the star sign/talents then dumped the character because it had the wrong skills so I stopped it)

Is it really slow for anyone else or is it a problem with my computer?

After getting a couple to work, albeit with random talents, I did find it quicker manually