Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Fun times report

Robes of resistance is just what you need with a mist elf, the resistances are a great help for them. Fantastic setup with the axe and Protector thrown in. Could you post your stats, for us to drool over?
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

It's definitely nice to have this level of protection so early on. Unfortunately, the ME from a few posts ago died. The character with Protector, RoR, and the battle axe is a lv 12, Raven born Drakeling Barbarian with stats as follows: DV:56, PV:25, H:184, P:18 (eyeroll), ST:26, LE:10, WI:16, DX:16, TO:33, CH:10, AP:9, MA:9, PE:15, and a speed of 112. I just meleed Hotzenplotz which I don't normally do. I think I might hang out in PC 5 until I get to level 16 and grab one last precrown before heading out to the pyramid.
    Last edited by BrianL; 11-15-2013 at 05:52 PM. Reason: Autocorrect
    Munxip, the human shopkeeper grunts at you in a friendly manner. Munxip, the human shopkeeper hits you.

I'm starting to get scared. This character is just too lucky. I happened to score a dark sage corpse to gain literacy from. When I read a scroll of identify, I discovered I have an AoLS in my pack. This is insane!
    Munxip, the human shopkeeper grunts at you in a friendly manner. Munxip, the human shopkeeper hits you.

Time for another Fun Times report.

This HE Archer Awf is having a swell time of things. With GoTG, a saved Khelly, Find Weakness, True Aim, and a spare wish on hand things are going swimmingly. Before taking on the tower, he chose to run a quick Darkforge raid to if he might find any better armor. While walking through the entrapped hallway to the weapons room, he teleported wildly and landed here.

2015-01-16_00002.jpg

His escape was artistic, I think. First, hit F7. Then he attacked the golem south of him and took its spot. Then he attacked the one now north of him and zapped a wand of door creation in that square. Next he took out the ones on the left and slowly made his escape to the hallway. There he proceeded to destroy them one by one in a leisurely fashion. Only once did a lucky critical hit bring his health down to a worrying level.

Nice thread revival and golem escape =) I always try to make sure to have the teleportation wand in DF to avoid these issues as I have lost a melee fighter in this fashion once.

It wasn't the smartest choice going in there with no tp source to be sure. I was lucky things didn't go worse. I would have retrieved the \Tp from the VDDL, but there seems to be something wrong with scrolls of detect items/monsters in the Steam beta. It just tells me I detect things but it doesn't show the usual screen.

Speaking of close calls, I was exploring deep in the new R6 dungeon when I heard that tale-tell *THUMB* which put me on edge. When I saw it was a titan, I took my <lv32 archer in the opposite direction. I was avoiding his bolts alright until one critical strike got a hit on me. It was only thanks to Fate that I was left with a singular 1hp. I healed and then dug a way out of his LOS and haven't been back there since.

There's much more fortunate news to share right now, however. I spent about 2 hours and 4 in-game days finding my way to the bottom of the Minotaur Maze. Considering that it once took me 8 hours to get through with a paladin, I didn't mind the time it took me to get through this time. There was one close call with the Emperor, but I had a source of tp by that point. I laid waste to him, having only lost 2 points of appearance, 2 of perception; also, a mage cursed my RoI so I'll have to deal with that soon. Of course, that's nothing in light of the 6 PoGAs and the Sun's Messenger I got along with the EM's corpse. This archer has it made in so many ways. It's a shame I decided against trying for an Ultra as soon as I created him. This guy's getting powerful as hell.

I won with that Archer with no problem. I've had some ups and downs in the meantime, but right now I want to tell tale of this trollish Ranger whom I'm aiming to get the Titanium Man achievement in Steam with. Everything had been going pretty damn well thus far what with an awesome precrown gift of Sun's Messenger to help avoid the ghosties. I'd just reached level 12, cleared the linear Dwarven quests, and was on my way to the graveyard when I stopped into a shadowy dungeon along the way. I was feeling a little silly in terms of my equipment. Normally, by the time I get the Dwarven rewards, my items make them look like toys; that wasn't the case this time and I was happy to receive the 9pv armor and metal boots. Even more unusually, I swapped my mithril spear with Big Punch and haven't looked back yet.

So I'm stomping my way through the new R2 dungeon all while making sure I don't kill any cats. I find a potion shop and a convenient altar to bless my !waters on and ate a pixie archer corpse to grant me that sweet, sweet teleportitis. Later on I found a pool and risked losing my tp control for the potential benefits we all know and love. The first few sips were a let down. The pool doomed me, summoned a water elemental, and then disappeared. That was annoying, but the nearby altar made it bearable. Interestingly, I didn't know that the overgrown with mold and brimming with life room effect had the effect it did seeing as how neither the elemental or I were able to damage each other while we were in the room together. Much, much, much more interesting, however, was the second pool I found down a few levels deeper on R2:11. Along with the normal snakes and ale, I got the marginally useful sleep resistance, a few points of strength, some corruption, and two, count'em, two wishes from a single pool. I opted to save Khelly for the SoCRs and make the Tower easier with some RDSMs. I'll make due without some 7lbs for the moment since I'm not that worried about the passage of time.

Stay tuned for more fun time reports!

Enter Aaz, the trollish ranger. A mighty brute with a big brain who pre-crowned with Vanquisher and found SotS, RDSM, and BDSM in Dark Forge at level 12 along with a RoDS in the halls of the high king. So far I'm just plodding along. I haven't decided if I'm going to go up against Andy but the rewards from Khelly are worth it on their own. I'm just about to tackle the tower.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianL View Post
    SotS
    What´s a SotS?
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

Shirt of the saints?

I haven't decided if I'm going to go up against Andy but the rewards from Khelly are worth it on their own. I'm just about to tackle the tower.
    Unless you're thinking about an OCG, I wouldn't worry too much about Andy. Troll ultras are terrible.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.