Thread: Note to self: get adjusted to holy spell names

Default Note to self: get adjusted to holy spell names

So I'm relatively new to holy classes, and I've taken a recent liking to gnomish priests. This particular character was doing very well, having pre-crowned twice obtaining the "Ironfist" gauntlets (str+7) first and "Skullcrusher" club second. I had an amazingly lucky start, finding both an amulet of life saving and a ring of djinni summoning as I found out after completing the first quest at dwarftown. I wished for pairs of seven league boots. I had just gotten Rolf's Companion in preparation to sacrifice it for a real crowning when I decided to store some of my extra seven league boots and amulet of life saving in the dwarven mystic room so they wouldn't get destroyed... I had teleported in just fine using the spell, but when I went to teleport out I confused "Ethereal Bridge" (teleport) with "Greater Divine Touch" (Death Ray, yeah, I know fml Idk how I confused them either). Long story short, my priest committed the ultimate sin and killed his dumb self.

Why does the game even have the option to shoot a deathray at oneself?! Arghhhhh!!!! Easily the best yet most disappointing start I've ever had. SIGH...

Ouch - that really hurts!

Many is the time I've messed up with the difference in names between holy/arcane spells so I do feel your pain...
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

You've got to admit "Rain of Sorrow" and "Invoked Devastation" do sound pretty cool, though.
    "And light there be!"

I had that once with a wand of digging and a wand of death, since both names begin with D.
    You can imagine my surprise when I'm trying to dig a tunnel through a wall and suddenly the bolt bounces back...
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

Oh, man. That's the kind of misfortune you pray only happens once, like firing magic missiles into tight corners.
    Normal Victories- Human Weaponsmith, Necromancer, Barbarian, Assassin
    Creator's Day Win - Gnome Fighter