Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: On the JADE video

Quote Originally Posted by Epythic View Post
    EDIT 3: Do you think the karma system is a good, a bad or a useless thing?
    Very silly and pointless thing I think. Even the Slashdot system is awful in my eyes. Still, I gave you a point just for the hell of it :P

Oh, when I first read this I thought you guys were talking about luck in ADOM.

What bothered me about the map, that such a huge city was surrounded by zero smaller towns or villages that I could see...

Quote Originally Posted by Ars View Post
    What bothered me about the map, that such a huge city was surrounded by zero smaller towns or villages that I could see...
    Good idea. BTW I have lately given thought to the arbitrary size of wilderness squares. How huge a square really is? It is true that a gigantic city could be placed on a square, but if other squares surrounding it are considerably smaller should the town be divided into multiple squares, starting from Outskirts and ending to Central city?

I'm sure all this would be sorted over time.

I wonder if it's necessary to have everyone moving constantly in the city. Perhaps only the people within the line-of-sight of the PC should need to move. It appears quite slow on the video so this way might possibly speed up gameplay. But, this may all be later issues.

heh you have a point there about it slowing things down. But i don't mind things that might slow it down if they'll make it nicer. With 2GB of ram, i probably won't notice much dif anyways
    I haven't yet finished an ADOM game, but i haven't given up on trying yet either.

Some screenshots from the video:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Some more:
    Attached Images Attached Images

it looks nice so far, even if there will be a few new complications to learn.
    I haven't yet finished an ADOM game, but i haven't given up on trying yet either.