Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Puzzle Solutions (Spoilers)

Default Puzzle Solutions (Spoilers)

You can post your completed puzzle solutions here.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer View Post
    You can post your completed puzzle solutions here.
    1. use summoned animals on suicide vs vortexes. Need to get good control in that corridor although [better than I did]. Is there any reason all stuff pets/vortices act in slow motion?
    Okay, that is what i tried and it could have worked due to slow motion, real solution is i guess summon stuff, kill it cause char is very close to lv 40.
    Take lightning immunity by being lv40 and just waltz out. Never played druid enough to know that before dying although.

2. I just wished fro frost bolt books, used water to get stomafilia and killed banshee from safe distance Despite me not loving wizards even i know freezing occurs only on square next to char, lol. I guess I've crossed 100 turn limit although.
    Looking back that is way to random, so i guess frost book>make bridge>quaff pots of speed> run arround banshee using her movement preference?
    Not sure if it can be done 100% safe, although.
    Last edited by Soirana; 06-09-2012 at 08:59 AM.
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

1. died initially because i didn't want to abuse vortex slowness. I stopped caring about vortex slowness and berserked one.
    It was enough xp to get me = lit, so that was easy.

2. died initially (again!) due to not knowing walls were non-diggable. Turns out wands of digging is a wasted wish. Should
    have paid more attention to the level name. Anyway, I wished for wands of cold, zapped one lake row at the bottom,
    quaffed potions of speed, zapped second lake row, lured banshee out from the bottom, tried to zap both rows at the top
    before she caught me, but died again. Third try was success. I used same approach as second time, but lured her to the
    larger room to the right. Very easy that way.

3. died twice before deciding to drop the stupid anvils. Next run was success.
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

Quote Originally Posted by Soirana View Post
    1. use summoned animals on suicide vs vortexes. Need to get good control in that corridor although [better than I did]. Is there any reason all stuff pets/vortices act in slow motion?
    Okay, that is what i tried and it could have worked due to slow motion, real solution is i guess summon stuff, kill it cause char is very close to lv 40.
    Take lightning immunity by being lv40 and just waltz out. Never played druid enough to know that before dying although.
    Apparently it breaks the game when you set speed to 9999 and go back. I'd have to remake from scratch to fix it. What you're suggesting is the solution I was planning though (the second one).

Quote Originally Posted by Soirana View Post
    2. I just wished fro frost bolt books, used water to get stomafilia and killed banshee from safe distance Despite me not loving wizards even i know freezing occurs only on square next to char, lol. I guess I've crossed 100 turn limit although.
    Looking back that is way to random, so i guess frost book>make bridge>quaff pots of speed> run arround banshee using her movement preference?
    Not sure if it can be done 100% safe, although.
    Did you check your alchemy?
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer View Post
    Did you check your alchemy?
    nope - although risk of blessed potions does not allow 100% chance. I'd rather take run around route.
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

i checked alchemy recipes and decided against it

Pouring holy water on ground makes the level herb-supporting?
    Last edited by _Ln_; 06-09-2012 at 07:51 PM.
    I like my women like my ADOM loot - hunted as treasure and in extra quantity.

no, only the gardening skill can do that

You only need one herb...

4. i died a couple of times, trying to find the 'sure' way. I then gave up on that and
    tried the roulette way and succeded first try. I actually had to use all my booze, but
    that didn't matter in the end.