Thread: Wish me luck.

Angry Wish me luck.

Random High Elf Beastfighter.

Get ICE from druid. 1st kill is a gremlin. So for Courage I go to the obvious place to kill 20 gremlins. 1st water trap takes my book, haven't read it yet as I was going to get Great Book Learner 1st.
    At least I still have the wand!! So as I head for the Dwarven graveyard a Black Dragon intercepts me, my arrow of thunder stunned it, so I go for the kill.
    As I get within melee range, it recovers. Guess which item his 1st acid bolt takes, should have left that wand in a safe place.

To top it all I cannot find a Giant slug(oh wait the Druid Dungeon level 7), Animated forest(D13), Dwarftown(D11).

Am seriously considering, becoming a ChAoS gOd and shoving 'Long Sting'(Pre-Crown) up Ni'Pregh's behind.
    Last edited by Stingray1; 06-25-2012 at 09:11 PM.

Giant slugs are very rare, and their corpses are even more rare. I think it's something like you have to kill an average of about 1000 monsters in the druid dungeon to get one, assuming max food preservation. Get acid resist from the ant colony and that's good enough unless you're fighting a threat room of great black wyrms (in which case, throw on a second one, or run for your life).

Yeah, precrowns aren't all that good for beasties. There's too many weapons in the precrown list--maybe half of all precrown gifts will be junk for you. At least your crowning gift is pretty much guaranteed to be good.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Good luck! Especially with the slugs. I've only seen one corpse drop off those things in the Druid Dungeon, and I saw one or two more with very high-level characters who already had acid immunity. Jerks.

I feel bad about your Spellbook of Frost Bolt. I also constantly forget to drop off stuff that I won't need for awhile in the Barbarian's Glade...
    Normal Victories- Human Weaponsmith, Necromancer, Barbarian, Assassin
    Creator's Day Win - Gnome Fighter

Was the giant slug your first dwarf quest?

About the wand of cold: you could use a ice vortex or ogre mage instead. Those will freeze the lake for you. White (baby) dragons don't work. If you use a vortex, read a scroll of darkness on the down stairs before you descend, or else it will probably explode as soon as it followed you downstairs (at least that's my experience).
    Last edited by grobblewobble; 06-26-2012 at 01:18 AM.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

Quote Originally Posted by Roarke View Post
    Good luck! Especially with the slugs. I've only seen one corpse drop off those things in the Druid Dungeon, and I saw one or two more with very high-level characters who already had acid immunity. Jerks.

I feel bad about your Spellbook of Frost Bolt. I also constantly forget to drop off stuff that I won't need for awhile in the Barbarian's Glade...

Thanx Roarke

Quote Originally Posted by grobblewobble View Post
    Was the giant slug your first dwarf quest?

About the wand of cold: you could use a ice vortex or ogre mage instead. Those will freeze the lake for you. White (baby) dragons don't work. If you use a vortex, read a scroll of darkness on the down stairs before you descend, or else it will probably explode as soon as it followed you downstairs (at least that's my experience).
    Yes

My previous pc used an Ogre Magus. I have a vague recollection that Nonnak drops a wand of cold. Im about to enter his layer now.

He won't... As a last resort, there's always the ID stairhop in levels 7-9... though that is immensely dull, at least you'll also end up with some spare water and scrolls.
    Normal Victories- Human Weaponsmith, Necromancer, Barbarian, Assassin
    Creator's Day Win - Gnome Fighter

Quote Originally Posted by Stingray1 View Post
    I have a vague recollection that Nonnak drops a wand of cold. Im about to enter his layer now.
    He shoots frost bolts, but there's no guaranteed wand from him.

The typical places I check when I really want a particular item (usually a RoDS) are the graves in the Griffyard, the underwater cave, and the UD in hopes of shops. Of course, they all have their own risks. Liches from great treasure graves summon like crazy and are pretty powerful themselves. The WDL demands a way to breathe water, sources of invisibility and darkness. And to get to the UD, you'll have to go through the SMC and generate monsters twice as powerful as you.

Or you can just keep on going until the eternal guardian level and hope to get a wand shop or a random drop. Depends on how much you care about turn efficiency and the 90-day limit.
    "And light there be!"

Found the slug quickly on DD:7. Think I'll dig up those treasures Willpower of 33 should be okay.

Edit: or maybe not, my Mana is only at 15. Will train that a bit first.
    Last edited by Stingray1; 06-26-2012 at 08:31 PM.