Thread: TB will release the source for... $1.8million!

Hybrid View

Default TB will release the source for... $1.8million!

Sorry, couldn't help but post about it here. If anyone has a spare $1.8m then this might be the time to make a wise investment
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

$1.8 million? He definitely lives in a different planet.
    1 ULE, 1 UNE, 18 regular endings. Won with every race. Trying to win with every class. Never won with farmer, merchant, mindcrafter and thief.

He's not formally said $1.8m, but has indicated that it would be in that region. Will find out on July 2nd I guess...
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

With this upcoming crowd-funding campaign and the $1.8 million source, it's safe to say that the source is never going to be released ever. Obviously disappointing, but it's totally Biskup's right.

i will only do more pictures for the 'dwarf merchant paint picture' thread if you
    all agree to pay me... 1 billion dollars
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

Quote Originally Posted by stabwound View Post
    With this upcoming crowd-funding campaign and the $1.8 million source, it's safe to say that the source is never going to be released ever. Obviously disappointing, but it's totally Biskup's right.
    I wouldn't be so sure of that. If he doesn't manage to make the base $60K, he will not release the source. If he does manage to make $60K, he will continue development, more people will play, he will get more enthusiastic about it, and then who knows, we might see the source one day.

I do hope he makes the $60K - I'd love to see ADOM development active again, source or no source.

Edit: the base goal is now $48K instead of $60K, according to the last blog post.
    Last edited by Al-Khwarizmi; 06-30-2012 at 10:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Al-Khwarizmi View Post
    I do hope he makes the $60K - I'd love to see ADOM development active again, source or no source.
    Absolutely 100-percent agreed. I personally don't care about source code availability as much as I do about seeing a new version after so many years. Even a "simple" bugfix release (and let's hope it gets farther than that) would be amazing.
    "And light there be!"