Thread: Which reward will you choose?

Question Which reward will you choose?

From TB's blog on the new ADOM IndieGoGo campaign due to start tomorrow:

$10 - Villager
    Get your name added to a special credits section in the ADOM manual, on a special memorial website dedicated to the campaign and to the "Tome of Donors", a special new but rare in-game artifact with peculiar effects.

$25 - Wanderer
    As above and receive access to all prerelease builds of the next version of ADOM (kind of nightly builds although we surely won't have a new build every night - but see below the section on funding goals).

$50 - Adventurer
    All of the above and suggest a description, an inscription and a magical effect for special magical statues that will start to appear all over the Ancardian dungeons (the magical effect really is just a suggestion, the description and inscription definitely will be implemented if they fit ADOMs atmosphere and we will work out something appropriate together; in the unlikely case that we fail to agree there will be no refunds though)

$75 - Questor
    All of the above and receive a personalized and signed post card from Thomas Biskup.

$100 - Hero
    All of the above and you get to specify a non-unique existing monster race, the monster gender, the monster name and one special power out of a preselected set. You also may suggest an addition to the monster description. Said monster will be added to a special roster of unique wandering challenge monsters that pop up random during the game.

$150 - Champion
    All of the above and you get a PDF-download for a high quality print poster of the Drakalor Chain.

$250 - Lord (limited to 100)
    All of the above and receive a special, personalized and highly limited certificate showing your lordship as well as displaying a random piece of the ADOM source code.

$1000 - Legend (limited to 24)
    All of the above and I will allow you to work with me on a new, personalised artifact as in-game content.

$50.000 - Demigod (limited to 1)
    All of the above and I personally will deliver to wherever you live the hard-bound tomes containing a print out of the ADOM source code. Please understand that you will have to design a kind of NDA to not spread the source code to other people unless we reach the "open source ADOM stretch goal". I'll stay a whole weekend (if you want that) to talk about ADOM, ADOM II, develop, play or do whatever else.
    So, who's tempted by what? I might fork out for the Lord, as the certificate + source thing seems too cool to miss out on. Plus it's a fair reward for the amount of time I've put into ADOM in the past.

And for my random boss I'll have to have something named "gutkiller" Not sure what monster type yet.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

I'm going to go for Adventurer... I'd really like to go for Champion or Lord if I had money, but I'm too poor for that. Adventurer is pretty cool anyway.

Hero probably. Woould choose some sort of troll I think.

Unless i choose to be cheap and not to donate.
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

I'm kind of broke, but I want those pre-releases, so I'm looking at the Wanderer tier.

pondering heavily ... but no answer as of yet. what makes me feel good ? How much do I spend for other stuff that I care less about ? not least: what do i have spare ?

And how to spread word? adom people are not really a crowd that stands assembled waiting for a call. more like hidden isolated and scattered souls, whose shared ancestry - the adom past - may have long been forgotten ...

I will probably go somewhere in the hero-champion range. I'd love to go to legend, but I don't have that kind of money just lying around.

[edit]Went for champion.
    Last edited by JellySlayer; 07-03-2012 at 03:31 AM.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

I will go for the Mephistopheles donation, offering $1.8 million in return for the soul of TB.

Sorry, bad joke.

I don't know, I just hope this ends well. Somehow I have the feeling this could end with disappointed fans as it raises expectations, turning an innocent hobby project into serious bussiness and potential drama. Maybe I'll donate something, but I'm not going to ask TB to mess up his game with statues and unique monsters that honour my ego. Me receiving a postcard from the creator instead of the other way around feels awkward, too. The printable poster of Ancardia is a nice idea, though.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

The campaign is now open:

http://igg.me/p/147348

Go throw all your money at Thomas
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!