Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: New corruption ideas

@Lasher there are many weapons that have to do with vampirism. Any weapon that has "of vampirism" suffix drains enemys life and brings it back to you but it brings your character to Chaotic. And shapeshfting? Aren't that suppose to be implemented in adom II?

Quote Originally Posted by Lasher View Post
    How about: You Change! PC changes to a different race! And loses whatever racial skills they have but gains the other races skills!
    My 300 year old elf suddenly becomes the oldest troll in existence, only to drop dead seconds later. Actually that doesn't sound too out of place.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasher View Post
    And Last! You no longer exist! You get permanent invisibility, but Cannot Gain Experience, while you have this corruption!
    Hmmm... that 0xp clear might have a few more creative solutions, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by psy_wombats View Post
    My 300 year old elf suddenly becomes the oldest troll in existence, only to drop dead seconds later. Actually that doesn't sound too out of place.
    Might make it harder to choose between elf and Troll right?! =)

Anyways, I don't really know what would be good or not, but I liked a lot of the ideas here! Stilts, Dark and Violent, Sweat Blood, Gills, HP+PP Swap(!). Who knows? Does the Maker of this Game read this forum? Maybe one of these would go into the game! Good Luck Everybody!

A strange, mad god has noticed you (can no longer drop Sis)

Looks like there'll be at least 3 new corruptions from the amount funded so far. Bound to be more by the end of the week so keep the ideas flowing
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

as if it wasn't difficult enough to get into the quickling tree as things were...
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    as if it wasn't difficult enough to get into the quickling tree as things were...
    It would be logical to have some of the more game-breaking corruptions be reserved for more advanced levels of corruption

Thought of a few...

Your eyes are clouded by the forces of Chaos! - gain the see invisible intrinsic with a significant hit to perception (perhaps -5 or -10)
    Your heart races! - Speed and regeneration increase, but lifespan shortens
    You feel a ravenous hunger! - Need to eat more often, but raw meat becomes extra nutritious, and can eat rats like a troll or orc

"Your fingers transform into worms."
    -6 Dexterity, 1d6 chance of dropping weapon every 2d6 turns, Will stop worms of any type from reproducing.

"You feel as if you yourself are stone."
    Gives PC the ability to walk through walls, Movement costs 1000 more Energy Points, -25 Speed, -10 Dexterity.

"Your chaotic appearance has attracted the attention of Lawful forces."
    -2 Appearance, Chaotic monsters 20% less likely to be hostile, Hostile Lawful monsters will randomly be generated (on any level.)
    Last edited by TheViscount; 07-11-2012 at 02:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheViscount View Post
    "Your fingers transform into worms."
    -6 Dexterity, 1d6 chance of dropping weapon every 2d6 turns, Will stop worms of any type from reproducing.
    This would be completely unplayable.