Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Starting the game with a wish!?

Default Starting the game with a wish!?

I was rolling necromancers today in an effort to play a class other than wizards, and ended up with this. She looks like an ordinary PC, until you look at her inventory. I saved the game immediately after noticing a particular item there.

Has this happened to anyone else before? The character was rolled on an unmodified binary and not hacked in any way. I'm not going to play it due to low stats (if someone wants to, feel free), but I've never had a PC start with a wish item before (barring the spellbook), so I'm very surprised about this.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    "And light there be!"

we actually had an item roller on the ancardia/ancardius server.

you could set it to roll characters until it found a djinni ring or wish book or whatever.

hopefully we may have another server operational before long, as there has been some interest...
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    we actually had an item roller on the ancardia/ancardius server.

you could set it to roll characters until it found a djinni ring or wish book or whatever.
    I know that, but I didn't know you could actually start the game with a RoDS. Until now, I thought starting gear was limited to danger level 3 or something.
    "And light there be!"

I didn't realise you could start the game with items higher than about DL:3.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Quote Originally Posted by anon123 View Post
    I know that, but I didn't know you could actually start the game with a RoDS. Until now, I thought starting gear was limited to danger level 3 or something.
    As far as i am aware that conclusion was drawn on hurthling rings and merchant specialty stuff [or maybe just hobit rings]. Likely in some conditions DL is not limit like you know some elven classes start with elven chainmail which is higher DL.

I would like to claim char for upcoming "challenge" game if no one minds although.
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

Quote Originally Posted by Soirana View Post
    As far as i am aware that conclusion was drawn on hurthling rings and merchant specialty stuff [or maybe just hobit rings]. Likely in some conditions DL is not limit like you know some elven classes start with elven chainmail which is higher DL.
    I didn't read it anywhere, it's rather a conclusion I arrived to myself. With my wizards, I never started the game with gear I couldn't obtain in areas of danger level 3 and below (PoCCs and scrolls of education are among the nicest of the bunch). And I'm pretty sure elven chain mail is DL3, as I've seen it in the bandit village and I9.

I would like to claim char for upcoming "challenge" game if no one minds although.
    Feel free, I'd be honored.
    "And light there be!"

Quote Originally Posted by anon123 View Post
    I And I'm pretty sure elven chain mail is DL3, as I've seen it in the bandit village and I9.

Feel free, I'd be honored.
    yeah, elven mail apparently is dL3, i guess i need make home to my sweet black list of stuff to make more educated guesses.

thanks for save anyway.
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

I just generated another PC like this: a DE wizard with a ring of slaying, a DL15 item. Once again, this was in an unmodified 1.1.1 winbeta4 binary. I only used jaakkos' star sign selector.

Perhaps starting gear isn't strictly limited to DL3, or at least those two rings have a very small probability of being chosen.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    "And light there be!"

Quote Originally Posted by Soirana View Post
    Yay! Looking forward to it. Though probably a handcrafted challenge for this situation is more appropriate. As in: no wishing until a player dies and all other players do without the wish (pretty much guaranteed to be melted by a door trap until such situation occurs ), or else it will be just standard dive with one of the first players having extra prayer/rescue option. I'm sure we can come up with something exciting and challenging

RoDS are pretty resilient--they're made of adamantium so you need to be quite unlucky to get them damaged. I'm not sure if Soirana still frequents the forums or not anyway (his post in this thread is six months old).
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.