Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Starting the game with a wish!?

Quote Originally Posted by szopin View Post
    Yay! Looking forward to it. Though probably a handcrafted challenge for this situation is more appropriate. As in: no wishing until a player dies and all other players do without the wish (pretty much guaranteed to be melted by a door trap until such situation occurs ), or else it will be just standard dive with one of the first players having extra prayer/rescue option. I'm sure we can come up with something exciting and challenging
    Pretty sure I do not plan for open games in few upcomming years.

Quote Originally Posted by Soirana View Post
    Pretty sure I do not plan for open games in few upcomming years.
    Then I hope you will not mind someone stealing the idea.

Still struggling with what the actual challenge might be. ID dive seems absurd, too much randomness to have a meaningful won/lost differentiation. I was thinking either vote/poll what would be the best wish for starters and then having leagues aligned by voter preference and then somehow combining for final... then maybe survival like mode, choose your wish and see you in 5k turns, who gets highest xp/level/deepest dive... or maybe play along the 1k turn limit (no wishing) until we encounter deadly (whole league deadly) situation and see who recovers best as wish would get unlocked at this point... All seem a bit lacking, but something challenging AND interesting definitely can be invented. Any thoughts/ideas?

I don't know. Maybe see who can save Kelly the fastest? Not terribly exciting, but I'm not creative with these things

Remember the ring is uncursed, so you will have to find holy water to make the wish. That could be part of the challenge.
    "And light there be!"

Quote Originally Posted by anon123 View Post
    I don't know. Maybe see who can save Kelly the fastest? Not terribly exciting, but I'm not creative with these things

Remember the ring is uncursed, so you will have to find holy water to make the wish. That could be part of the challenge.
    That could be part of the lineup challenge. If you _wish_ to be part of the challenge, provide save with fewest turns passed and the wish there. This will be the starting save. Shortest time = starting position within the challenge itself. Now what to do after... this is challenging.

Travel immediately to, and clear, Darkforge?
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer View Post
    Travel immediately to, and clear, Darkforge?
    Wishing for spellbooks of lightening bolt would make it, though not easy, not horribly difficult.

Edit: Oh, I see you mean after you give Khelly the AoLS.

No, I meant right away, at level 1.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.