Thread: 3rd Win Olle Orc the dwarf barbarian

Default 3rd Win Olle Orc the dwarf barbarian

I'm kind of getting the hang of this. 3rd win, in about 12+ years. Again with a dwarf barbarian, guess it might be time to try to master some other combination...

Nothing out of the ordinary this time, except for wishes. Got a waterproof blanket from the cave and found the stairs to the UD, killed the raider lord and saved the puppy. Did the healing quest, etc, etc. I had a hard time finding an altair, didn't get one until lvl2 in the CoC and that was a level with a stream = less monsters to sacc. So I had to spend a few days running up the the surface to get logs for a bridge. Finally got crowned, and was given.. uh. Something useless (can't remember what) as crowning gift. And shock immunity.

Later I ran around a bit trying to find an AoLS before giving up and talking to Khelavaster. After that, I got a bit stuck since I didn't have fire immunity), ran around a bit more until I found a ring of djinni summoning, which I spent on a wish for red dragon scale mail. Got the ring of the high kings, didthe ToEF (surprisingly easy) and then headed down again. Somewhere around lvl37-38 I ran into trouble, with liches. Lost quite a lot of stat before giving up and running away. Then I though I'd try my luck in DH2, and put rings in potions of exchange.. and YES! Got 8 rings of djinni summoning! And if that's not enough, shortly afterwards I found a wand of wishing with 4 wishes! Spent most of them except for one or two on SoCR and PoGA.

The rest was quite easy. By the time I reached the earth temple (which usually is a big problem for me) I was quite fast and had SLB, so I managed to hit and run, killing the earth-monsters one at the time instead of getting surrounded.

Lvl50 wasn't too bad, just a bit tedious. And again I was a bit cowardly and destroyed the handles with wands of destruction instead of killing all the intelligent monsters.

Finally, I did the unicorn quest, returned Blup to his mother and raided the assassins - but I mistook Serpent's Bite for Needle, so I was a bit annoyed when I noticed - in the flg - that I didn't have sting+needle.

That's it. I tried Adom II but it just doesn't feel right (with all the menus etc) even though the setting is great (and since it's coded in Java, it's not very portable... can't play it on an Amiga), so I'll probably continue playing Adom. But perhaps with a gnome wizard next time.

Full flg at:

http://exilregeringen.se/olle_orc.flg
    Last edited by Zedrick; 07-17-2012 at 10:57 AM.

Congrats. Those Master liches are fickle mistresses, I'm still trying to get my second win as a non-magic user. Maychance I'll give this dwarven barbarian business a go. Lucky bit with the ring dipping aswell, I bet you must have been laser pumped when you got those nine wishes!
    Link to horribly incomplete/unstarted ADOM II wiki

http://adom2.wikidot.com/