Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: ADOM 1.2.0 Prerelease 1 is out!

Wow, this is awesome. Thanks a bunch Thomas and Jochen. Can't wait to get to my desktop PC and play it

Quote Originally Posted by j.t View Post
    The changelog is now available: http://www.ancardia.com/changelog.html

I hope I didn't miss anything...
    "Issue 716 - typo collection".
    "And light there be!"

Quote Originally Posted by anon123 View Post
    "Issue 716 - typo collection".
    Of course, how could I miss that?!
    “It's a cruel and random world, but the ChAoS is all so beautiful.” ― Hiromu Arakawa

What about greater molochs becoming extremely fast when they pick up a moloch armor? That's a nasty bug I lost at least 3 chars to.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

Quote Originally Posted by Blasphemous View Post
    What about greater molochs becoming extremely fast when they pick up a moloch armor? That's a nasty bug I lost at least 3 chars to.
    This bug was part of issue 25, Integer wrap-arounds.
    “It's a cruel and random world, but the ChAoS is all so beautiful.” ― Hiromu Arakawa

Changelog is absolutely amazing. Half the artifacts issue is fixed - does that mean the possibility of getting Vanquisher as a precrown? Or some artifacts were left as "crowning-only"?
    I like my women like my ADOM loot - hunted as treasure and in extra quantity.

- Issue 715 - Only every other inventory item is considered for destruction
    So I tried to read a spellbook. And it exploded. Along with all 3 other spellbooks. And my robe. And my tower shield. And a spare shield. And sandals with +3 PV. And some other random things. I'd say it works ;).

Quote Originally Posted by Qui View Post
    So I tried to read a spellbook. And it exploded. Along with all 3 other spellbooks. And my robe. And my tower shield. And a spare shield. And sandals with +3 PV. And some other random things. I'd say it works .
    I wonder if changing this doubled the average amount of items you lose, since now every items is considered for destruction and not just every other. If this is the case, the probabilites shouild be adjusted so thatthe game balance would stay the same.
    You hit Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, and severely wound him.
    The greater balor summons some help!
    The ratling duelist disarms you. You drop your blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12]. It flies to the west.
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, picks up the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, wields the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].

Quote Originally Posted by Laukku View Post
    I wonder if changing this doubled the average amount of items you lose, since now every items is considered for destruction and not just every other. If this is the case, the probabilites shouild be adjusted so thatthe game balance would stay the same.
    If what Qui's reporting is consistent and not just an anomaly (haven't encountered it yet), I'd agree with this. Perhaps it should be reported as an issue?
    Last edited by mike3; 08-04-2012 at 09:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Laukku View Post
    I wonder if changing this doubled the average amount of items you lose, since now every items is considered for destruction and not just every other.
    I'm pretty sure this is the case but the code now works as originally intended. I'll reopen the ticket (Issue 715) and discuss this with Thomas.

Personally I don't really see a problem with that. ADoM is supposed to be cruel and unfair. I'd say this bug was just a lucky break for the players ;).