Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: ADOM 1.2.0 Prerelease 1 is out!

Quote Originally Posted by _Ln_ View Post
    Changelog is absolutely amazing. Half the artifacts issue is fixed - does that mean the possibility of getting Vanquisher as a precrown? Or some artifacts were left as "crowning-only"?
    It looks like it, yes.

My understanding is that there are two groups of 24 "random" artifacts--ones that can be found from precrowns, surge of power, etc. At the start of the game, it is supposed to choose one set or the other, but there was a bug so that it always chose the same set--the artifacts that we have now. With this fixed, in half your games you will receive the other random artifacts, these ones:

Code:
    1. shirt of saints 
    2. perion's plate mail
    3. boots of divine messenger
    4. cloak of oman
    5. brannabran's cloak of defense
    6. gauntlets of eternal peace
    7. "celestrix", the emperor girdle
    8. The iron crown of havlor 
    9. Bugbiter
    10. Grod
    11. Vanquisher
    12. Cat's claw
    13. Kinslayer
    14. Death blade
    15. Trusted one
    16. Staff of the wanderer
    17. Sun's messenger
    18. True aim
    19. Aylas Holy scarf
    20. Nature's friend
    21. Black shield "Lust for Glory"
    22. Silver key
    23. Black thumb
    24. Justifier
    I can't confirm yet since my first game that got anywhere had the first set of artifacts. I'm tempted to try making some hurthling farmers and go for a fast precrown to do some testing. IMHO, this set is a little weaker than the ones we're used to, but there's lots of nice artifacts in there as well.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Quote Originally Posted by mike3 View Post
    If what Qui's reporting is consistent and not just an anomaly (haven't encountered it yet), I'd agree with this. Perhaps it should be reported as an issue?
    But don't we all love item destruction!

j.t: you should also file these two under "partially fixed"

- Issue 737 - Odd behavior related to the inventory system and items.
    - Issue 776 - The colors for some items are buggy, or do not match their descriptions.
    "And light there be!"

Hands up who never thought this day would come!
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer View Post
    I can't confirm yet since my first game that got anywhere had the first set of artifacts. I'm tempted to try making some hurthling farmers and go for a fast precrown to do some testing. IMHO, this set is a little weaker than the ones we're used to, but there's lots of nice artifacts in there as well.
    IMO, that could easily be balanced out by modifying some of the artifact attributes. i.e, make Boots of the Divine Messenger act like SLB (easily make them one of the most useful artifacts in the game), make cat's claw return when thrown, make True Aim and Thunderstroke "of slaying", etc.

I'm pretty excited about this being fixed, though. There are several artifacts on that list that I've never seen.

Congrats on the new version!

I haven't played ADOM (or really much of any game) for the last 4 years or so, but I randomly ran into one of Silfir's videos on youtube.

For old time's sake I played a game on the public server being run, and a thank you to whoever is hosting that. The game was as fun as I remember it being, though I never had the creative skill I saw in those videos . (The video was from a "duel to the death" series; vogonpoet had an impressive escape.)

It's excellent to see that the game is still being enjoyed and appreciated, and I even see there's a campaign to resurrect it into full time development!

I'll definitely stop by and drop a bit in, as I never did do that postcard quest, maybe during one of those pledge drives. Possibly one for artifacts? I always loved those, but for now, maybe i'll enjoy a run on ADOM 1.2. Thanks Thomas and jt!

- Now it is possible to convert altars from C to N and N to L while all the time self being C.
    - Wow: I am no longer able to read any scroll with any literacy score
    - Two tension rooms in one level ?

ohh l love it,
    Last edited by Evil Knievel; 08-05-2012 at 05:13 AM.

It looks like it, yes.

My understanding is that there are two groups of 24 "random" artifacts--ones that can be found from precrowns, surge of power, etc. At the start of the game, it is supposed to choose one set or the other, but there was a bug so that it always chose the same set--the artifacts that we have now. With this fixed, in half your games you will receive the other random artifacts, these ones:

Code:
    1. shirt of saints 
    2. perion's plate mail
    3. boots of divine messenger
    4. cloak of oman
    5. brannabran's cloak of defense
    6. gauntlets of eternal peace
    7. "celestrix", the emperor girdle
    8. The iron crown of havlor 
    9. Bugbiter
    10. Grod
    11. Vanquisher
    12. Cat's claw
    13. Kinslayer
    14. Death blade
    15. Trusted one
    16. Staff of the wanderer
    17. Sun's messenger
    18. True aim
    19. Aylas Holy scarf
    20. Nature's friend
    21. Black shield "Lust for Glory"
    22. Silver key
    23. Black thumb
    24. Justifier
    Comments on the bug-tracker seem to suggest this approach. And I thought the list is random for every game which is somewhat more interesting IMO. Hmm, maybe I should file an RFE.
    I like my women like my ADOM loot - hunted as treasure and in extra quantity.

At the start of the game, it is supposed to choose one set or the other, but there was a bug so that it always chose the same set--the artifacts that we have now.
    Actually it's a bit more complicated... there are six groups, each with a different number of artifacts. The game removes a specific number of artifacts from each group on startup. Due to an index bug the game always removed the same artifacts, so there was no randomness at all: the artifacts located at the "end" of a group newer were available.
    “It's a cruel and random world, but the ChAoS is all so beautiful.” ― Hiromu Arakawa

The artifact girdle Celestrix can finally be obtained in-game, very interesting. It has awesome stats:

[+13, +13] {Ch+8} +Rgen -Pois -Slee -Deth +SeeI =Elec

But also: +Doom

I wonder whether it's worth wearing or not. Probably not something you'll want to be wearing all the time in a normal game, but could situationally be good?
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

If you are using one of the 64 bit releases, please upgrade to Prerelease 2 (fixes issue 1148 - crashes related to using the "ws" and "w5" commands).
    “It's a cruel and random world, but the ChAoS is all so beautiful.” ― Hiromu Arakawa