Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ADOM 1.2.0 Prerelease 1 is out!

Default ADOM 1.2.0 Prerelease 1 is out!

Nuff said:

http://www.ancientdomainsofmystery.c...available.html

Enjoy... and continue your amazing support of the crowd funding campaign at http://www.indiegogo.com/resurrect-adom-development
    Thomas Biskup
    ADOM & Ultimate ADOM Maintainer
    https://www.adom.de - https://www.ultimate-adom.com

Downloading ;]

Edit: For windows version of ADOM - *.svg and *.cfg files and folders moved from default adom executable folder to C:\Users\Current_User\AppData\Local\ADOM\... not sure if that accomplishes anything, but it would be nice if it was modifiable. I'd rather keep the valuable files on one partition rather than two, just in case I decide to reinstall my OS and forget about extra data I need to move to another drive. I normally keep games on my D partition to avoid exactly that kind of loss. I've had a fair share of system crashes that resulted in necessary drive format.
    Last edited by Blasphemous; 08-04-2012 at 02:09 PM.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

Yes, ADOM now uses the local appdata directory to store data files. This was a necessary step for more recent windows version, where the application itself resides in the "programs" folder, while the data is stored in the "user profile".

But I understand your point, keeping the application together with the data sometimes has advantages.

You can try to set the environment variable ADOM_HOME to the directory where ADOM is installed. E.g. if ADOM is installed in the directory D:\ADOM you can set the variable with set ADOM_HOME=D:\ADOM (or you can set this in the "system configuration" of Windows).
    “It's a cruel and random world, but the ChAoS is all so beautiful.” ― Hiromu Arakawa

Is anyone else using Ubuntu and getting the error message "/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.14' not found" when trying to run 1.2.0 pre1?

I figured I'd ask first, before posting it as a bug.

EDIT: I should note that I'm using Ubuntu 11.10, not 12.04, so perhaps it was compiled only against 12.04, and thus faces compatibility errors with 11.10?

Yes, ADOM for Ubuntu was built on 12.04 LTS. And since it's a "blank" binary without any dependencies, the missing libraries are not installed.

It it helps, I can try to build another release on an older Ubuntu version.
    “It's a cruel and random world, but the ChAoS is all so beautiful.” ― Hiromu Arakawa

Thanks, but it's OK. I'll look to see if I can get it sorted out under 11.10, since it looks like it's just a library being a bit old (Canonical seem to love refusing to update libraries for anything other than stability, even when the updates only add new functionality and don't in any way affect the existing functionality). I'm sure it'll be something as simple as installing the 12.04 version of a library.

So thanks for the offer, but I don't think it makes too much sense to go out of your way for what is likely to be a small fraction of the fanbase (those using Ubuntu, but not the current version that has been out for over three months).

EDIT: Oh, and in case anybody is curious, the reason I haven't upgraded to 12.04 is that I don't like Unity, and don't want to mess with my installation until I've settled on exactly how I'm going to set my system up.

I must say picking 'Skilled' talent line without crashing feels really good.
    I like my women like my ADOM loot - hunted as treasure and in extra quantity.

Wraiths apparently pass through walls now.
    Bows ID automatically in missile slot instead of after you shoot them.
    Dragon doubling has been removed.
    It's possible to fail at reading a scroll if literacy is not high enough (?)
    Last edited by JellySlayer; 08-04-2012 at 06:01 PM.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Very, very nice. Working fine on Windows (although with unresizable window) and Dosbox+DOS version (resizable and fullscreen, yay!)

It's great to see the full text of the talents.

I'm finding the SMC more difficult than the last times I played 1.1.1... but I guess it's just that I've been playing too much Brogue lately.

The changelog is now available: http://www.ancardia.com/changelog.html

I hope I didn't miss anything...