Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Hero rewards for the crowdfunding campaign

Default Hero rewards for the crowdfunding campaign

http://www.indiegogo.com/resurrect-adom-development if you havn't already seen it

[edit]Here is the form[/edit]

Wondering what you guys thing of getting to name and pick powers for monster? I've heard people talking about invisible acid vorticies and other crazy stuff. What do you want to do with your special monster. Personally, I'm thinking of having a gray slayer named "Grey Slayer" and giving him the power to walk through walls and maybe also an aging attack. Or perhaps a teleporting killer bug with a slowing attack - "gut"
    Last edited by Kyreles; 11-27-2012 at 06:11 PM.
    Proud member of Team Silfir in the Treasure Hunter debate.

I haven't really thought about it! I think it would depend on the monster power set? Is that listed anywhere? Anyways, I think I would pick a minotaur because the big red M always makes me jumpy even though Minotaurs aren't that strong. Plus, maybe it would be seen more often?

If I could give it anything maybe I would have the Minotaur cast Earthquake whenever the player moves out of sight. I think that would be both fun and cruel! Monster would probably kill itself though lol.

I hope invisibility is left out of the mix of powers, as it would just be too mean on many combos. Unless perhaps it were ogre magus style of temporary invis, but more temporary.

I've got the Lord level, which means 3 powers. I'm thinking maybe a Shadow Wyrm with paralysing skin, acid breath and teleporting.

A cool idea might be a Berserker Emperor with various neat powers, since these can be tamed with wedding rings. What better way to make a memorable addition than with something that is both threatening and alluring?

A really evil idea would be a teleporting, see invis, casts darkness cave tiger.

Other monsters that could be very dangerous/annoying with extra abilities: living walls, ratling warlords, mimic hiveminds, minotaur mages, quickling queen, diamond golem, emperor lich, skeletal king, stone ooze, death ooze, greater earth elemental, writhing mass of primal chaos, magedoom eye.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

Incidentally, with the donations so far there'll be 83 different special monsters added to the game. If the donation drive is to succeed then there'll likely need to be at least 50 more.

And Lasher likely has a point that a low level monster is more likely to be seen by players. Still, I can't help but want to make something absurdly difficult to screw up someone's end game
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

I was toying with some flavour of very nasty quickling. I get two powers for my choices, IIRC.

Spectral quickling: Aging melee attack. Passes through walls.
    Chaos quickling: Corrupting melee attack. Summons chaos quicklings.
    Quickling sorceror: Casts stat drain, death ray.

Spectral quickling is basically a ghost with 1000 speed that can attack from and retreat into walls.
    Chaos quickling is a massive corruption-inducing nightmare.
    Quickling sorceror can fire off multiple stat drains or death rays per turn, and keep safely away from the PC while doing so.

I may change things around a bit depending on whether or not I need/want to add regeneration or punches through armor as well (which all quicklings ingame currently have).

Other ideas...
    Blink tiger. Summons blink tigers. Teleports. Killing one enrages the cat lord.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasher View Post
    I haven't really thought about it! I think it would depend on the monster power set? Is that listed anywhere? Anyways, I think I would pick a minotaur because the big red M always makes me jumpy even though Minotaurs aren't that strong. Plus, maybe it would be seen more often?

If I could give it anything maybe I would have the Minotaur cast Earthquake whenever the player moves out of sight. I think that would be both fun and cruel! Monster would probably kill itself though lol.
    Incidentally, if you believe minotaurs aren't that strong, you might want to check out the maze some time. Earthquake is harmless, btw.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer View Post
    Spectral quickling: Aging melee attack. Passes through walls.
    Chaos quickling: Corrupting melee attack. Summons chaos quicklings.
    Quickling sorceror: Casts stat drain, death ray.
    :O

I'm scared. Number one is instant death for orcs, number two is a nightmare for anyone and number three... I have a vision of players staring at a death screen in disbelief and wondering "wtf just happened" as their overpowered endgame character just suddenly died out of the blue. lol..
    Last edited by grobblewobble; 08-08-2012 at 09:52 PM.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

Don't the rocks that fall hurt you? Also, having the entire dungeon suddenly be "open" can hurt! Especially if there was a tension room! I found that out the hard way!

JellySlayer is just plain evil.

How about teleporting quickling moloch with doppleganger evasion? Also karmic, immune to all elements, resistant to blindness, stun, petrification, paralysis and magic missile. Ignores traps and webs, passes through walls and smashes doors. Disarms and dissolves items on the floor including artifacts. Ignores PV and DV.
    His only weakness is cute dogs. Whenever he sees one, he goes in panic state indefinitely.
    Also, you can't get one with SoFS or a figurine.
    I like my women like my ADOM loot - hunted as treasure and in extra quantity.