Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Hero rewards for the crowdfunding campaign

Hmm, bah, strongly reconsidering an animal instead that could be a cool pet for people.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

I know, useful companions are very nice to add as well. I think I will settle for a giant boar. One that will be a help in the tower / volcano if you're lucky enough to find him. I've been considering killer bugs but they are danger level 40.. you'd only have a chance to meet them in DH2. Giant dragon turtles are just too high DL, too.
    Last edited by grobblewobble; 11-27-2012 at 10:52 AM.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

Giant boar is a cool idea - a strong and fast tameable pet and only level 20. They even leave behind awesome skulls!
    Platinum Edition ADOMer

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Yes, a fairy dragon! I've always loved those, and they have some weird abilities already I've given mine 2 extra interesting abilities and a big treasure pile for those that can stop the blighter.

I know he said he planned the 1/100 chance, or whatever he settles on, but it's not clear if that's how it'll work out. We'll have to see when it comes out...
    Interesting, but sad for me the only i idea that i had in the last months is now already gone. I*d have made him teleporting probably. Together with his "teleport others" that may have been fun. and then maybe some other surprise.

On another note, i have actually been killed by one of these for the first time, 2 weeks ago.

I wonder how long before we'll have a chart with all the bosses. Might never be completed. 129 Hero+Champion+Lord donors out there

I'm thinking the combination of stun/confusion with blinding and some random-walk or teleportation would make for a very annoying boss to fight.

Edit: and it's a ratling that makes you drop your weapon.
    Last edited by Hexedian; 11-29-2012 at 03:49 AM.

Hmmm... would a death ray casting, walk-through-walls with extra attack (or speed) claw bug result in a group of bugs each casting a couple of death rays whenever they have a chance? Or is only melee for claw bugs resulting in few attacks per turn?

Death ray would take a whole turn of attacks, I believe.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer

Indeed, number of melee attacks has nothing to do with casting spells. I'm not sure the whole multiply thing will even work on the boss monsters, either.

Someone should do an invisible stalker that teleports around and summons random monsters.

p.s.: if you want multiple death ray castings a round, putting it on a quickling is pretty much the only way to do it. If you want to make it even more deadly, adding see inv and sees in darkness are probably your best options.
    Last edited by grobblewobble; 11-29-2012 at 11:48 AM.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

Quote Originally Posted by grobblewobble View Post
    Indeed, number of melee attacks has nothing to do with casting spells.
    Tell it to something like ACW or that blue wyrm in bottom of caves. Personally i do not know a creature who would have multiple attacks and would not use them for casting as well.
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)