Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Hero rewards for the crowdfunding campaign

Quote Originally Posted by Soirana View Post
    Well, constructing ultimate boss is nice mental exercise, but...
    Guys, you are seriously filling in these monstrosities? 'cause even with mine reputation I just filled troll with sleep attack and if I had another power it would have been leaves heaps of treasure. It is since I... well, intend to play game once it gets to stable version.
    Me too. At first was thinking about a rat that leaves both piles and has extra aging attack (r immune to fire, or ice... just so I could see my creation soon), but even though I might meet him sometime in the near future, I started thinking how to make your guys' play more interesting. And the given inventory of effects gives a plenty of space for killers I too plan facing him sometime in the future. And I can also skew the balance of the gime a bit better. Diamond golem is nasty for spellcasters if he has more attacks and ignores PV, mimic one could rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Yeah, I think it's counter-productive to make a stupidly hard monster. Make a monster that's fun and interesting. Or a cool animal or berserker that people would want to tame. Something people will be happy to encounter, not pissed off when it insta-kills them.

On the anti-mage front, magedoom eye with invis self and teleporting
    For joy option is:

berserker, quick healing, acid-breathing, paralytic skin

Guess what gender? :P

Guys, you are seriously filling in these monstrosities?
    Nah, I'm just trying to think of a monster that might actually have some use as a companion. Not easy, since a bard can easily tame a killer bug if he wants to. Giant boars are DL 20, meaning you'd never run into it early enough to get any use out of it.. bugger.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

Take some good bolt shrugger and... don't know, depends on how some stuff works together - like if paralysis can work on missiles...

On other hand - Acid vortex+mimic powers [I assume that is one which allows to appear as item on screen] +can see darkness
    and there goes my second plan ..................... i'd have not used mimic powers but something else i found funny: smashing doors, nice surprise

but then i was also guessing that vortices are a common choice. I think to think of sth cool, that enriches the game in a detail
    Last edited by Evil Knievel; 11-29-2012 at 08:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by szopin View Post
    For joy option is:

berserker, quick healing, acid-breathing, paralytic skin
    Paralytic skin would be great for a companion if it worked. Unfortunately, paralytic skin doesn't seem to trigger in monster versus monster fights. Acid breath rarely does, either. Monsters will not breathe on each other when they are in melee range.

For a companion you'd want quick healing and high movement speed for it to not be annoying. After that I guess paralysing attacks?
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    For a companion you'd want [quick healing and] high movement speed
    Note that "passes through walls" is the most effective allowed ability to speed it up. Although it seems a bit wacky for most animals to be able to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by grobblewobble View Post
    Note that "passes through walls" is the most effective allowed ability to speed it up. Although it seems a bit wacky for most animals to be able to do that.
    Stone snakes are technically animals, I think.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Quote Originally Posted by grobblewobble View Post
    Paralytic skin would be great for a companion if it worked. Unfortunately, paralytic skin doesn't seem to trigger in monster versus monster fights. Acid breath rarely does, either. Monsters will not breathe on each other when they are in melee range.
    Wow! This is a bummer x10... I'm starting to feel we need a community list of what effects pertain to what abilities/races/interactions, sounds like a lot of high profile donors will feel cheated/uninformed as there was a lot more donators than regulars on this thread/board. Sounds like each ability comes with limits that are non-obvious to say the least.

It's been reported as a bug now. However, at this point I don't dare to gamble on those features being recognized as bugs and fixed, so to be safe I will avoid those abilities.

I also did some extensive testing on berserker companions. The lower level ones look attractive because they can be equipped with armor for good DV and PV, but they have trouble hitting monsters. A level 1 berserker can't scratch any monster with DV of about 20 - 25 and higher. Even a level 101 berserker with 11 attacks still wasn't able to scratch the assassin prince (90 DV).

A berserker prince for example can't touch monsters with DV 40+, such as the demons in the elemental temples.

A berserker emperor is the only one that can hit almost any monster, but is so high level that you can't expect to see one before the ToEF.
    Last edited by grobblewobble; 11-30-2012 at 07:17 PM.