Thread: YAVP-Grat the orcish Assassin

Smile YAVP-Grat the orcish Assassin

This was a long time ago. My only clear, non-ultra victory.

I read in some discussion that assassins suck. Yeah right.

Noteworthy stuff:

I never play naturally powerful combinations, like trollish healers or gnomish elementalists.
    I never start a game with a special birthsign.

Fallen champion (while crowned L+ I engaged in a brawl with blink dogs to gain TCtr). My god didn't like it. I thought about quitting. I continued, and beat the game. Note to self. If you don't die, you don't quit

No wands of wishing, only a ring of Djinni summoning.

Got killed once by a killer bug (two or three *very nasty* critical hits in a row) but had an AoLS. Sorry about that. Eventually I pwned bugville and gained a very nice speed increase.

The character was very powerful at the end of the game. Both the Kitty Boy and Nuurag-Vaarn were killed with 2 shots of humanoid slaying each. Meleed and/or shot with -foo- slaying ammo every single enemy at D:50. Because I had an orc, I had to be extra-careful for ghosts. Throwing daggers played a major role throughout the game. It was also kinda cool, visualizing it in my ming. "Hey, Hotzenplotz! Catch!"

I was so excited for reaching D:50 that I put the "end battle" music from Neverwinter Nights to play on Winamp, while mercilessly shredding the denizens of the level

Ever sinve I've played about ~5 characters that managed to get far, but eventually got killed (my last one was a high elven priest, and he was accidentally teleported in a room full of greater Titans, at the blue dragon caves-the character was heading for the Mana Temple with great stuff and spells, but throughout the entire game he dind't gain TCtr nor did he find a single TCtr item. Jeez.)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by vdweller; 03-24-2008 at 01:18 PM.

Who said that assassins suck?

Anyway, thiefs are cooler.
    I never won a Adom game...