Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Holy hell, you guys hit the goal!

I'm back from my 3-week holidays and I'm totally amazed about how well the campaign went. The $55000 stretch goal is really going to help ADOM getting more players (and donators).
    You feel excited. You die.

Quote Originally Posted by Aielyn View Post
    Well, the next stretch goal has been reached. $55,000. Special tileset is going to be created, it seems.

At this rate, the most important of the stretch goals, the 2 x races + 2 x classes goal of $60,000, should be easily within reach.

If donations are still coming in this quickly now, I have high hopes for it perhaps even getting to the $75,000 level, especially if there's a final rush of donations in the last few days.
    I'm unsure about whether the current donation speed will be kept... on the one hand, as you say there's typically a final rush. But on the other hand, the artifact pledge drive finished yesterday. I have no idea how each factor will weight in, to tell the truth.

But I'd really like the campaign to get at least to $65K - the Steam goal. Ratlings and chaos knights would be awesome, and I think Steam support (together with the already reached tileset) would really help getting more people to play ADOM. About the $70K goal I don't care as much.

Can't believe that we didn't only make the goal, but even have the custom tiles now. Cheers, guys!
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

Not only did we hit the goal he set, we hit the goal he wanted to set, but didn't because it seemed too high. http://www.ancientdomainsofmystery.c...tion-what.html
    Proud member of Team Silfir in the Treasure Hunter debate.

Yeah, that's pretty cool. Though if he'd set it at $60k to start with he might not have had the success in getting attention for the project.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Yeah, that's pretty cool. Though if he'd set it at $60k to start with he might not have had the success in getting attention for the project.
    Please don't misunderstand my excitement as critical of Thomas' decision about how he ran the campaign. I agree with what you've said about him running it very intelligently. I'm just excited about new things and that we actually got the amount he wanted initially. There was (I think) a vocal minority complaining about the funding goal, which surely would have been worse had the goal been $60k instead of $48k.
    Proud member of Team Silfir in the Treasure Hunter debate.

Glancing at the donations right now, its going to be down to the wire for Deluxe ADOM. Should be interesting to see how much gets pitched in as the drive winds to a close.

EDIT: Behold my ninja powers!
    Last edited by FantomFang; 08-28-2012 at 05:54 PM.
    Normal - GE Ranger, Human Monk, GE Wizard, Hurthling Beastfighter, Hurthling Farmer
    Ultra - ULE GE Wizard

$61,410 raised | 61 hours left
    It seems we may also get to reach the "ADOM on Steam" goal (at least) before the campaign ends *fingers crossed*
    "And light there be!"

Looks like ADOM Deluxe will be a reality.
    "And light there be!"

That it will be. Also, if we can hit 67.5k before the end of the drive, one of the legend contributors Andriy has said he will donate an additional 2.5k. Although I wouldn't hold him to it, that just seems like so much money!
    Normal - GE Ranger, Human Monk, GE Wizard, Hurthling Beastfighter, Hurthling Farmer
    Ultra - ULE GE Wizard