Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Holy hell, you guys hit the goal!

Default Holy hell, you guys hit the goal!

And only minutes ago, what a coincidence that I happened to check right when it hit $48,001! It's now over $48,100.

I'd like to say to everyone who donated that I'm grateful. I didn't, as I've been unemployed and couldn't justify it. Unfortunately my new job started just barely too late for me to get a paycheck before the deadline, so I can't join you all, but I'm really glad so many people gave. Thank you for helping to ensure the future of this awesome game.

Yeah, I'm really happy about it. I'm glad the sparks of interest that always have me returning to ADOM happened when they did so I was around to contribute myself, else it would've passed without me knowing! Especially since I was in your shoes more or less 3 months ago, as college had me a bit more than broke.
    Normal - GE Ranger, Human Monk, GE Wizard, Hurthling Beastfighter, Hurthling Farmer
    Ultra - ULE GE Wizard

truly an amazing achievement.

When the campaign started I must admit, I thought there was no chance, the goal was too high, but Thomas's overall management of the campaign and power pledges etc kept it going during the middle part of the campaign. His overall work on the campaign was fantastic, without someone like him running the campaign it wouldn't have got anywhere near the target.

Awesome news. It's so great to hear this. Things looked a bit grim halfway through the campaign when donations were trickling, but in the end it came out victorious. Due to being unemployed and the bad economy in my country I was not able to donate, either. So a "thanks" from me goes to everyone who helped.
    "And light there be!"

Is it normal for crowdfunding to work this way? It pretty much made last 8000+ in a couple of days. Or someone just mentioned the campaign somewhere with lots of target audience?
    I like my women like my ADOM loot - hunted as treasure and in extra quantity.

It's normal for it to pick up at the end, plus Thomas did run the "fund by this date and there's extra stuff" campaign, which really helped build a buzz. He has run this campaign very intelligently, I must say.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

Crowdfunding does work that way. There's a nice initial jump, then a long discouraging desert of trickling donations, and then the last few days usualy repeat the success of the first ones.

Also I did notice some people posting "only 10 days left!" on Newgrounds, Blizzard's WoW forums and other strategic places so maybe it's a bit of both

But we're far from done yet!

I think the rapid donations near the end is normal. Personally just like on these forums I lurk a lot, then jump in near the end of a discussion (so it seems heh). I was considering dropping my donation at the start/middle but I wanted to see how many of the larger donations came in. Namely the Legendary/Demi-God level so I could gage where the trend was in userland support for ADoM. When I saw the deadline figured now is the time to help push it over the top. I do hope we hit the 55k stretch goal since this would open both ADOM and ADOM II to a new younger audience, for us old folks who grew up on ASCII roguelikes tile sets don't interest me. I want my # walls, call me old fashioned :P The 55k stretch I believe is very important for both games futures.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenmore View Post
    Crowdfunding does work that way. There's a nice initial jump, then a long discouraging desert of trickling donations, and then the last few days usualy repeat the success of the first ones.

Also I did notice some people posting "only 10 days left!" on Newgrounds, Blizzard's WoW forums and other strategic places so maybe it's a bit of both

But we're far from done yet!
    Hey that was me (dusktilldawn) on the WoW forums I should have just posted it in the general chat forums section though. But that would have probably got me a temporary suspension from the forums lol. I don't think too many people read it. But it was worth a shot. I'm really glad the goal was reached. I <3 ADOM!!

Well, the next stretch goal has been reached. $55,000. Special tileset is going to be created, it seems.

At this rate, the most important of the stretch goals, the 2 x races + 2 x classes goal of $60,000, should be easily within reach.

If donations are still coming in this quickly now, I have high hopes for it perhaps even getting to the $75,000 level, especially if there's a final rush of donations in the last few days.