Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hey guys! Got a question!

Default Hey guys! Got a question!

Hey everybody! I have a question.

So, I lured a Dwarf onto the Level below Dwarftown. Is there any way to get a monster to kill it instead of me? I want a pickaxe!

Lure a sufficiently mean-looking creature over to your hapless victim, you villain.

(Or just kill him yourself. Unless it's a child, the hit to your alignment isn't all that bad.)
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

Dwarves only have a ~20 percent chance of dropping a pick axe. You might need to lure several ones below DT. Or you can get the guaranteed one from the pyramid.
    "And light there be!"

Not my fault he followed me down there! ;P

Had nothing to do with having an Appearance of 18 I'm sure.

Also, Dwarfs are smelly drunks anyways.

EDIT: Oh! Probably not the right thread for it, but thought I'd say:

My Evil Necromancer found out Dwarfs dropped pickaxes when she slaughtered Dwarftown! She also wiped out Terinyo, and after getting the bonus from the Black Unicorn, killed him too! ^_^ Had to make sure she was properly evil after all!
    Last edited by Lasher; 08-26-2012 at 11:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasher View Post
    My Evil Necromancer found out Dwarfs dropped pickaxes when she slaughtered Dwarftown!
    One of them probably also dropped a climbing set. There's a guaranteed one on DT, but it gets picked up before you can reach it 99% of the time. It took me a long time to realize this.

She also wiped out Terinyo, and after getting the bonus from the Black Unicorn, killed him too! ^_^ Had to make sure she was properly evil after all!
    No harm done, the unicorn had outlived his usefulness.
    "And light there be!"

Oh! Also, I have a Vault of Ogres! My Strength is 20 though. Is there anyway to turn this vault into juicy strength increasing Ogre Steak? Thanks guys!

Oh! Also, I have a Vault of Ogres! My Strength is 20 though. Is there anyway to turn this vault into juicy strength increasing Ogre Steak? Thanks guys!
    If you have some stomaceptia (preferably cursed) it's a convenient way to reach starving and thus have a temporary strength penalty. Sickness will also temporarily decrease strength slightly - so that's an option too if you have a way to gain (and remove) the status handy.
    Last edited by Grond; 08-26-2012 at 11:39 PM.

Okay! So, just to be clear, Starving will help in this case? I have Stomacemptia. So, I eat one, eat an ogre, eat one, eat an ogre, etc??

Also: In unrelated news, I have no source of Cold. How tough is this Eternal Guardian guy?

If you eat a devil's rose, then eat a stomacemptia, and walk around for awhile, you can drop your St down to 7 or 8. Be careful not to starve to death, though! There will be a long period when your stats stop dropping before you actually starve to death, so whenever your St stops going down is when you want to eat. Eat the ogre, then eat another stomacemptia. Eat a Curia Mancox when you're done.

How tough is this Eternal Guardian guy?
    The eternal guardian is certainly kill-able if you're fast enough to kite him, but he is very tough (you may find fighting him rather fruitless for reasons besides his power, though )