Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829 LastLast

Thread: FTL - Faster than Light

Congratulations! Sounds like one really fun run :-)
    My band: http://messerschmitt-speed.com
    ... for those old school Heavy Metal maniacs among you
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My youtube-profile: http://www.youtube.com/GordonOverkillManiac
    ... with lots of ADOM videos, including several complete successful play-throughs and tutorials for beginners

Quote Originally Posted by GordonOverkill View Post
    Congratulations! Sounds like one really fun run :-)
    Quite fun - in fact I think I haven't fired a single shot throughout the game except in the flagship fight - long live 4-mantis boarding crew with a 4-crew teleporter assisted by mind control.
    I like my women like my ADOM loot - hunted as treasure and in extra quantity.

Crap, just lost against the last boss stage with the Swallow... I really don't like that ship very much, so I hope that I will soon win with it and then keep it in the garage for a very long time ;-)

e: I am currently trying to increase my weapon control even before I actually need it (right after three shields and five engines), so I can actually use those weapons that I might find at any point. I just happened very often that I was not able to get some nice weapons online... seems to work quite well so far. Have you got any experience with this?

e: Jiiiihaaaaa! Hard victory with all Kestral-variations: check! My victorious Swallow was armed with 4 Shields, 7 Engines, an Ion Blast II, a Flak I, Dual Lasers and a Heavy Laser I. Augmentations were Titanium Plating and Long Range Scanners, no additional sub-systems were installed. It's interesting that none of my winners managed to obtain a cloak or defense drone so far... this time I had more than 300 scrap at the end of sector 7, but I just didn't find anything. So I put all that scrap into the engines and luckily my very high dodge-chance did the job in the end. Still the boss fight was quite exciting and I ended up with single-digit hull-points (4 or 5 I think) once again.
    Also unlocked the Lanius ship and the Stealth Cruiser during that run. Happy Easter, everybody :-)
    Last edited by GordonOverkill; 04-21-2014 at 11:16 PM.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ... with lots of ADOM videos, including several complete successful play-throughs and tutorials for beginners

Finally checked this combo and it is glorious ( saving grace both hacking and the bomb were in the last shop I visitied )

image.jpg

The AI is really stupid on this one - guys were blasting doors to escape despite the fact that doors were already blasted in the room

Well done Gordon, I'm happy for you. The swallow does suck. I've moved back to trying with the Kestrel A. Your Evasion theory is a good one, which I have been contemplating trying for some time, but never actually carried it through. Even with Cloaking on my last boss fight I still lost.

@ _Ln_ I'm not familiar with the weapon icons on the ipad, what were you using to make all those pretty fires? I do know a Fire Bomb when I see it mounted on the ship. I also notice that the Flagship overlays the nose of the Red Tail, how does that work in practice if you can see your nose?
    Last edited by Stingray1; 04-21-2014 at 11:26 PM.
    Learn to learn.

Quote Originally Posted by Stingray1 View Post
    Well done Gordon, I'm happy for you. The swallow does suck. I've moved back to trying with the Kestrel A. Your Evasion theory is a good one, which I have been contemplating trying for some time, but never actually carried it through. Even with Cloaking on my last boss fight I still lost.

@ _Ln_ I'm not familiar with the weapon icons on the ipad, what were you using to make all those pretty fires? I do know a Fire Bomb when I see it mounted on the ship. I also notice that the Flagship overlays the nose of the Red Tail, how does that work in practice if you can see your nose?
    Just the fire bomb and hacking. Other weapons were flak 1, chain laser + last of the starting Red tail lasers. I didn't use them much in this stage, just to take out the missile and finish the flagship when everyone on it died.

The overlay is Ipad thing - you click on your ship/enemy ship to get a close up and perform targeting (your crew and doors for your ship and rooms for enemy ships).

Ahh, the joys of 3xScrap Recovery by sector 5

image.jpg

Finally I can also say I beat the fucking Flagship on Hard AE. Yes man.

Kestrel and her crew was assisted well along the way to the final battle. The weapons and drones I used was all found and none bought. They were Artemis(you little beauty), BL2 of course, Hull Laser II, Breach Bomb, Defense Drone II, Shield Overcharger. Augments were Drone recovery Arm, Defense Scrambler, both bought and Zoltan Shields. Shields was 3, Engines 6, Cloaking 3, Hacking 2, Backup Battery 1.

Hull was about halfway damaged at the end.

Man I'm stoked. Only took me 43 games and 105 hours.
    Last edited by Stingray1; 04-28-2014 at 10:51 PM.
    Learn to learn.

Wow, Vulcan is nice. This was too close for comfort, was holding my thunbs on every powersurge. Shooo!!

Screenshot (79).png
    Learn to learn.

Wow, congratulations, Stingray! Did you also win that redtail run?