Thread: Need help with controls

Default Need help with controls

Hello all. I am new to Adom, but have played many roguelikes before. I'm really not an idiot but I am getting very frustrated trying to find the controls for this game. I have googled and searched the forum to no avail. Basically I found two things by searching. The first thing I found is there should be an in-game manual. Well nothing I found told how to do that, I have tried the ole "?" in game which is standard for most roguelikes but the game tells me I have nothing to read.

The second thing I found was there should be a manual.doc that comes with the game? I don't know if I DL'ed it wrong, but the game downloaded with Java and automatically opened up. Even if I "saved" the file, it was just a Launcher that I double clicked and brought me to the game so I have no clue where it installed to and how to get to the manual. I have also tried clicking on the "Manual" button in-game which tells me a manual has yet to be written.

I ended up searching just Adom controls figuring it would be the same, but then I realized when I first started the game I chose Adom 2 controls instead of the original Adom, which I'm assuming now I can't use. Sorry for a stupid question I'm just a bit frustrated and can't play the game at the moment not knowing how to do basic things. Hopefully there is an in-game command to bring up controls and I will be all set. I know basic stuff like movement, picking up, waiting etc... but I have no clue how to equip armor / items and many other things in the game.

Thanks in advance!

Press Enter to view the key-bindings under the Adom II controls. For an out of game reference for bindings you can look at the wiki page (http://adom2.wikidot.com/controls). The manual isn't written as of yet, though I think it's planned for the 0.3.0 patch.

Edit - some other helpful information:
    Under all control schemes you can switch controls with '$k1' (adom classic), '$k2' (adom ii), '$kc' (custom), and '$kj' (jade controls) - I've placed the actual key-presses in 'single quotes'. The command for accessing your inventory: 'i' is also the same across all schemes.
    Last edited by Grond; 09-26-2012 at 02:19 AM.

Keep in mind you are trying ADOM II, not the original ADOM. The original ADOM has a full in-game manual (and is a way more complete and playable game overall).
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

Thank you guys for the help. I literally tried everything I could think of to find the controls lol, I'm just so used to pressing ? and when that didn't work I was lost . Oh one other thing if you guys don't mind. When i first started up the game it asked me which control set I would like to use and had the list of Adom, Adom II etc... for controls. How do i change that if in the future I'd like to use the original Adom Controls because I may go back and play the Original first. If it's in the controls just disregard, I haven't been in game yet.