Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: more roguelike Color scheme?

Default more roguelike Color scheme?

I know this sounds ungateful but.......Is it possible to have a different color scheme? the white and bright yellow dont have the same roguelike feel as say...a black backround.

/dons fireproof blanket

Speaking of color schemes: I'm a vBulletin owner as well, where did you get the color scheme? Or did you whip it up yourself? I've still got the generic skin on mine and I'd like to liven it up....

I agree. I don't like the current colors.

I never won a Adom game...

Default The color scheme...

Quote Originally Posted by Starhawk View Post
    Speaking of color schemes: I'm a vBulletin owner as well, where did you get the color scheme? Or did you whip it up yourself? I've still got the generic skin on mine and I'd like to liven it up....
    I built it myself last night... the color scheme is inspired by the color scheme of the classic ADOM website and I always liked it for its brightness... I usually feel that all these dark colors are too depressing - except if they are in front of me while playing a good roguelike
    Thomas Biskup
    ADOM & Ultimate ADOM Maintainer
    https://www.adom.de - https://www.ultimate-adom.com

Quote Originally Posted by adom-admin View Post
    I built it myself last night... the color scheme is inspired by the color scheme of the classic ADOM website and I always liked it for its brightness... I usually feel that all these dark colors are too depressing - except if they are in front of me while playing a good roguelike
    Thats why a love these colors, I like them because they are depressing.

I'm wondering... there arent any of these menus that let you choose the forum style? I'd like to see a dark one.
    I never won a Adom game...

I am just posting here to state my agreement on the dislike of the colors.

That said, darker color doesn't have to be depressing. I kind of envision browns and grays with the occasional yellow-orange thrown in for contrast. Reminds me of carrying a torch in a dark dungeon..

A more roguelike theme? Should we replace all the images with text? That'd certainly be interesting, if not entirely confusing!

Just remember some of us who read the forum are old farts with duff eyesight .. please avoid low contrast and small fonts.

Also please ensure the forum stays readable on small screens - it looks ok at the moment on my laptop - an EeePC

thanks
    Dave

Exclamation

I like the color scheme, except I think (IMHO) that the colors should be swapped. Make the individual posts white instead of pale yellow, and make the outside pale yellow instead of white.

What do you think? A little easier on the eyes, since having white surround the text you're looking at draws your attention away, competing too well against the softer yellow color. Plus, black text on white is pretty professional seeming. In fact, this box that I'm typing this message into is a lot like what I mean... (go to posting a reply to see kinda what I mean.)