Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What hobbies/talents do ADOMers have?

As promised, to no one other than myself, here's a link to my latest song. It's kinda corny, but who says that's a bad thing?

https://soundcloud.com/brianjay86/any-road-she-goes

my hobbies fluctuate. In the US, I drank a lot, played lots of guitar, video games and spent time with the wife.
    In Afghanistan: throwing knives, knot making, shooting things, parachute cord projects, and gym time.. lots and lots of gym time..

Chess. --------> 10 characters
    1 ULE, 1 UNE, 18 regular endings. Won with every race. Trying to win with every class. Never won with farmer, merchant, mindcrafter and thief.

Go aka weiqi aka baduk, the board game.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

Quote Originally Posted by grobblewobble View Post
    Go aka weiqi aka baduk, the board game.
    And that, too.
    1 ULE, 1 UNE, 18 regular endings. Won with every race. Trying to win with every class. Never won with farmer, merchant, mindcrafter and thief.

No real talents I'm afraid, unless you call spending 8 hours in front of a comp screen at work, only to repeat that after getting back home.

I do have some hobbies though, one being astronomy, I own a dobsonian Skywatcher telescope with 305 mm primary mirror.
    I live close to a dark-sky preserve (Izera Dark-Sky Park) and occasionally take my scope out for a midnight journey through Messier's objects, or just watching some periodic meteor showers with binocs.

Now that I gave it a second thought, I believe I have some poetry writing skills and I create poems from time to time, but mostly for personal amusement.
    Last edited by Blasphemous; 04-05-2013 at 08:53 AM.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

Quote Originally Posted by quik View Post
    And that, too.
    Do you play on any server? I am on OGS and have an account on KGS if you're interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Blasphemous
    I own a dobsonian Skywatcher telescope with 305 mm primary mirror. I live close to a dark-sky preserve
    Me so jealous. Where I live you can't see a star on the best nights.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

Sadly for the past year and a few months, I've been working (and thus spending the vast majority of my time) in a 700k city so I only have the opportunity to watch the sky once or twice a month.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

I play in a very nice Heavy Metal band and spend very much time on music in general. Apart from that I read alot (mainly about philosophy), waste time on the internet and since the beginning of this year I started working out which is also great fun.
    My band: http://messerschmitt-speed.com
    ... for those old school Heavy Metal maniacs among you
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My youtube-profile: http://www.youtube.com/GordonOverkillManiac
    ... with lots of ADOM videos, including several complete successful play-throughs and tutorials for beginners

I usually reading books and I love to travel around the world and playing with my cats and my dog. Also I have many hobbies and interests in my life, those are the most common during everyday.