Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What hobbies/talents do ADOMers have?

Default What hobbies/talents do ADOMers have?

I did a quick search and didnt find a hobby thread! There's bound to be some awesome talents amongst the players here.

I enjoy blacksmithing (mostly tools and knives), woodworking (carving, turning, simple furniture), i've dabbled in clay, stone carving, etc. Talent would have to be counseling people. No idea why I'm good at it.

Post yours!
    I need a shorter sig.

i like to paint
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

Art and I don't get along, I'm afraid. Got no creativity at all. I did spend hours every day melting candles and creating houses and people with it when I was 10 or so, though
    I loved working with wood and metal in shop class, but I never took it further. Nowadays my hobbies are photography and playing dota2, if that can be considered a hobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Art and I don't get along, I'm afraid. Got no creativity at all.
    I remember the art classes I had at school... they were horrible. Barely got around the passing mark most of the time.

My hobby would probably be computers and networking. I have a pretty large amount of knowledge, mostly acquired informally and fueled by a strong desire to know how stuff works, and enjoy learning more every day. Not an advanced programmer or hacker, but I know my way around.

Outside of technology, I like listening to music, of which I have a large digital collection. Rock, pop, electronic, trance, and game soundtracks are among my favorite genres. Also like watching movies - particularly old ones, as most stuff that comes nowadays seems to be either not particularly good or more of the same "tried and true" formulas. Used to read a lot, but the Internet destroyed that, unless participating in forums counts
    "And light there be!"

Quote Originally Posted by anon123 View Post
    Used to read a lot, but the Internet destroyed that, unless participating in forums counts
    I hear that. Reading is basically work for me now - used to love it. College kinda ruined it for me.
    I need a shorter sig.

Well, I play some instruments... and a couple of times a week I go down to the gym and level up my unarmed combat.
    But to be honest, I play games and waste time on the internet/in bars more than I do any of those activities.

I'd love to paint, but I've tried to pick it up a few times and always ended up getting discouraged at my obvious lack of ability.

Blacksmithing sounds fun. But as far as I know, you need a forge and an anvil, neither of which I know where to find.

Quote Originally Posted by prime View Post
    Well, I play some instruments... and a couple of times a week I go down to the gym and level up my unarmed combat.
    But to be honest, I play games and waste time on the internet/in bars more than I do any of those activities.

I'd love to paint, but I've tried to pick it up a few times and always ended up getting discouraged at my obvious lack of ability.

Blacksmithing sounds fun. But as far as I know, you need a forge and an anvil, neither of which I know where to find.
    I for one, am jealous of Gut and his painting... I think if I had tried oils, it would be ok but I was such a perfectionist with blending colors that it got me nowhere, and hence frustrated.

You indeed need a forge and an anvil. There's a site called anvilfire.com which has any info you might need. Its a lot easier to start than you might think, but it takes a lot of investment if you want the process to be convenient as well (light the gas furnace with a switch vs start a charcoal fire after cleaning the forge).
    I need a shorter sig.

An obvious lack of ability is just an obvious need for practice.

My hobbies are home-brewing, gardening, and playing/recording music. I must admit that I don't spend as much time working on music as I used to, which kinda bums me out, but these things go in cycles. I also probably spend a lot more time drinking beer than I do brewing it, but that's what makes it a great hobby! I should be finishing a new song fairly soon, I'll make sure I link to it here when it's done.

I like making random, useless javascripts.
    Ancient Domains of Insanity
    Insane Dungeon of the Rogues
    Twitch

If you happen to know of a location to a missing chapter of ADOI, please contact me. <3

I play video games.