Thread: Finding ADOM II Boring

Default Finding ADOM II Boring

I was never able to find Rynt in Teryino. I found the Wizened Old Man in the CoC. I found, I believe, five-ish random dungeons. I'm level 18 or so now. I feel like I keep playing the same two or three levels over and over again. There are no wands or spells it seems like. No missile weapons. I don't know where to go. I've been to what seems like bottom of a number of dungeons and found nothing. I don't know what to do. I have no direction and I'm getting bored of not finding anything. I can't really beat up giants like H's and T's very well (it takes a while) because my damage sucks. I have a Brutal Iron Spear (+1, 2d8). Do spears give you great DV bonuses like they did in ADOM I?

Thinking about just going back to ADOM I.

ADOM II isn't really a complete game at the moment, so it's quite natural that you would get bored fairly quickly. At the moment the only point in playing is to get a glimpse of what is to come, or to hunt down bugs. That said; if you do want to win the game, playing a monk and using unarmed combat is your best bet (spears still give good DV bonuses, but wont help you much against 100PV fire giants). As for not knowing where to go, the wizened man gives some useful information when you first talk to him - be sure to make a note of the dungeons he mentions.